DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Because apparently I'm an idiot and can't remember to take my gimble cover off.... I found a solution.

Ha!!!! I’m an idiot too and had the exact same idea but instead of a remove before flight flag I used a red velcro battery strap. It’s what I had laying around. Now I don’t forget to take the cover off.

Great idea. And to those who say "just remember to do it", I have a red shop rag tied on every tow chain and strap I have so I can find them in the weeds, the handle ends painted orange on saws, sledge hammers, hatchets, axes, shovels, orange tape on linch pins, and blue tape on gas cans where two cycle oil has been added, green tape on diesel cans, and red tape on gas cans, mowers, etc. when stabil has been added. "A short pencil is better than a long memory", "Better safe than sorry".

Not trying to hijack the thread, but how do you like your Nanuk?
I absolutely love that Nanuk!! The cut outs fit perfectly, and there is room under the foam in the lid to keep my paperwork and my iPad mini and the sunshade! And the box and latches are super heavy duty!! Worth every penny!

I absolutely love that Nanuk!! The cut outs fit perfectly, and there is room under the foam in the lid to keep my paperwork and my iPad mini and the sunshade! And the box and latches are super heavy duty!! Worth every penny!
They’re fantastic cases! I purchased a 920 for my M2Z and loved it so much that I purchased a 970 for my M300, 995 for my D-RTK 2 and 910 for my MM2. Now I’m waiting on the release of the 950 for my P4M. I upgraded my latches to locking latches on every case except the 910 for MM2 as it has smaller latches that aren’t compatible.

Attachments

• DEFE8D15-7A36-4EBC-99B8-421235B0333A.jpeg
    DEFE8D15-7A36-4EBC-99B8-421235B0333A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • FA26368B-4690-4ED0-8356-1862FB02A153.jpeg
    FA26368B-4690-4ED0-8356-1862FB02A153.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • C3DFA816-4615-4BA8-B5F6-D1D2EAA4A3F1.jpeg
    C3DFA816-4615-4BA8-B5F6-D1D2EAA4A3F1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 4DC36A31-4C13-47DD-8E3A-6817BAFBF371.jpeg
    4DC36A31-4C13-47DD-8E3A-6817BAFBF371.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: A.O.
Am I the only one who finds the typo in OP's pic absolutely hilarious? :D
The mind boggles about what this drone is used for.
The same people that rely on a flag to remove the gimbal cover, probably didn't notice that either :p BTW you win the prize, your the first in this whole thread to actually say something/notice (*). But with all the other things I see people mention using airdata and wind level Apps...sectional charts...ect...you guessed it there's a App for that too.

But seriously whatever it takes for you gang to accomplish the mission, I'm good with. No offense meant :) Years ago we used to have people vying for a suitable acronym on acceptable preflight. It ended up something like:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!​

(*)
Edit: Oopps missed post #5...need that award back :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Checklist.jpg
    Checklist.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMikeMinh
I did something similar with a bit of surveyor's flagging tape and some "Duck Tape" brand fluorescent orange duct tape, both available at any hardware store (and already on-hand in my garage).

I like yours better; it looks more professional. But so far, mine has been sufficient to remind me to remove the gimbal cover for every flight. And I haven't had to search for the gimbal cover after misplacing it in the grass, either.

View attachment 122019
I like the fact you don’t lose your gimbal cover now. I’ll do it for that reason mostly.
Now I need to figure out how to find the control sticks when I drop them.

I like the fact you don’t lose your gimbal cover now. I’ll do it for that reason mostly.
Now I need to figure out how to find the control sticks when I drop them.
Paint them orange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming