DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bee attack

waylander

Reactions
Hi All

First chance I have had to fly on a really calm sunny day for ages...!
Had some good flights, but on one occasion when flying forwards at slow speed I noticed a considerable amount of speeding objects flying across my field of vision, I realised it was Bees or wasps etc.
So when I returned Mavic to Home point I noticed that she was surrounded by a small swarm of Bees (50 or so ), and they continued to buzz ( pun intended ) her all the way down until she landed, when thank fully they all Buzzed Off ( pun ). The drone was covered in Bee's body parts that had gone through the props, with bug splatter all over the camera lens.... strange behaviour to me I have never seen that before, attacked by Seagulls but not Bees.
Anyone seen this behaviour before, anyone know why they do it, what attracts them..?
Waylander

Hi All

Had some good flights, but on one occasion when flying forwards at slow speed I noticed a considerable amount of speeding objects flying across my field of vision, I realised it was Bees or wasps etc.
So when I returned Mavic to Home point I noticed that she was surrounded by a small swarm of Bees (50 or so ), and they continued to buzz ( pun intended ) her all the way down until she landed, when thank fully they all Buzzed Off ( pun ). The drone was covered in Bee's body parts that had gone through the props, with bug splatter all over the camera lens.... strange behaviour to me I have never seen that before, attacked by Seagulls but not Bees.
Anyone seen this behaviour before, anyone know why they do it, what attracts them..?
Waylander
Howdy Waylander, this has been posted a couple times before, the thought is (perhaps) that noise sounds like a queen and the other bees swarm around it. Use canned air to carefully clean your motors of debris.

Howdy Waylander, this has been posted a couple times before, the thought is (perhaps) that noise sounds like a queen and the other bees swarm around it. Use canned air to carefully clean your motors of debris.
Ah Many thanks Bunny, did not think to search for previous posts, " thought I was the only one " ( sad ), looks like the saying is true, "There's nothing new under the Sun"
Ciao Waylander

Hi All

Waylander

Bees hate any noise or vibrations. I stay well clear from our bee hives.

If you drive to close to a bee hive with a tracked vehicle you will also have a very very bad day, ask me how i know:p

Same thing happened to me:

Apparently the props sound like a queen bee. :D

I also had this happen recently. I also noticed strange behaviour in that they didn’t swarm around my mav, but swarmed in a mass directly in front of it even as a flew around all over. They also went much higher than I would have thought. Very strange. Or maybe they were just camera hogs

Reactions: jimlips
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS