DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Been a couple yrs since I've flown

bsshog40

Reactions
Hey all, so it's been a couple yrs since I've had my mavic pro in the air. I also moved from W.Tx. to E.Tx.. I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to do with my MP before getting it in the air. I plan on recalibrating the imu and compass. We don't have wifi, so updates are out at this time. Can you think of anything else I might need to do? I'm in the process of charging everything up right now.
Thanks. Bobby

Sounds like you got it all under control. If you haven't passed the trust test yet do it and bring it with you just to be legit and make sure you're still update on your registration with FAA and put your stickers on the outside of the drone. Can't put it under the battery anymore. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, enjoy!! :)

Luckily right now just gonna fly around the house. We live in a very rural area. Didn't know about the sticker. Still have mine in the batt hole. Lol Will move that. Luckily I still have 2 good batteries. Been reading here how hard they are to get now. Here's crossing my fingers everything connects alright tomorrow. Lol

Luckily right now just gonna fly around the house. We live in a very rural area. Didn't know about the sticker. Still have mine in the batt hole. Lol Will move that. Luckily I still have 2 good batteries. Been reading here how hard they are to get now. Here's crossing my fingers everything connects alright tomorrow. Lol
I never fly inside just in case I lose GPS.

Reactions: SeaPig and Gagey52
I meant outside around the house. Lol No wifi to fly inside and don't trust gps inside either. Don't trust my flying skills for that anyway. Lol

Luckily right now just gonna fly around the house. We live in a very rural area. Didn't know about the sticker.
It's not just the FAA Registration number that you should be concerned with, but You paid a lot of money for that Drone, put your phone number on it. If your drone gets lost or stuck in a tree and it finally comes down when you are not around, give the finders an opportunity to contact you so it can be returned.

Have Fun and Fly Safe...

give the motors a good spin to make sure all is well and also move the camera and gimbal gently in all direction to check for any binding there have been a couple of GO4 App updates in the last couple of years so you might want to power everything up and check for that, also make sure the internal fan kicks in basically do a thorough pre flight check

There are sections in the app that will indicate what the sensors are doing. I always check those prior to any calibration sequence. Also check the release notes regarding updates. If it was flying to your liking the last time it was up, may be worth leaving well enough alone.

I recently "restarted" my drone flying. I had a lot of lightly used dead batteries for my Mavics. So I would do some suitable test flights to make sure those aren't compromised.

Worth checking out the FAA drone zone. I had registered all my drones before but it was all gone. They do have the requirement of that test which is simple.

Lots of rules have changed. RFID is coming. But the drones still fly!

Reactions: Gagey52
As mentioned in response #2, you should do the TRUST test. It’s free and you can’t fail it, plus it will help you learn all the new drone laws. Best wishes and enjoy your flying.

@LoudThunder Thanks, I never fly out of site, lol, and it's pretty much cow pasture around me.
@old man mavic More good pre-checks. Thanks
And to the rest, thanks. I will check the faa site to see what I need to do. Registration is still good til end of year. Never heard of the TRUST test, so will look at that also. Thanks for all help y'all! Luckily we only have a lot of cow pasture around me. All owned by a friend. No neighbors. Lol If this wind lets up, lol, just gonna do a small test flight on our little acre. Lol

Last edited:
Well it's pretty windy here today. I at least fired everything up, set the drone to beginner mode and just flew around for a few minutes, recorded a little and looks like all is good. I'll be glad when these winds start calming down around here. Thanks for all the tips y'all! Be safe flying!
Bobby

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman