DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beeping Controller issue

Reactions
Hey all,

Was out flying my mini 3 Pro earlier today and all was fine until It wasn't!

My controller seems to have had a meltdown and is beeping now I've tried calibrating and resetting the controller but having no luck.

Also wheb trying to search for firmware updates I get an error message.

Has anyone else come across this?

Attachments

• 20230407_191111.jpg
    20230407_191111.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 19
Hey all,

Was out flying my mini 3 Pro earlier today and all was fine until It wasn't!

My controller seems to have had a meltdown and is beeping now I've tried calibrating and resetting the controller but having no luck.

Also wheb trying to search for firmware updates I get an error message.

Has anyone else come across this?

I would try the firmware update again later - errors like that are not uncommon and usually clear themselves up relatively quickly.

I would try the firmware update again later - errors like that are not uncommon and usually clear themselves up relatively quickly.
Hi Thanks for the reply. i tried the firmware again and it updated but didn't resolve the issue. i have also just noticed that when trying to complete the compass calibration it just skips straight to "done" without any movement input.

Hi Thanks for the reply. i tried the firmware again and it updated but didn't resolve the issue. i have also just noticed that when trying to complete the compass calibration it just skips straight to "done" without any movement input.
Now that your RC FW updated successfully, recalibrate your sticks and wheels again, after that's done try your compass calibration.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Now that your RC FW updated successfully, recalibrate your sticks and wheels again, after that's done try your compass calibration.
Hi 3rd, i have done those that you have mentioned and still have the same issue, I have been troubleshooting & searching the web for nearly 3 hours now and found nothing. the only thing i did find was someone had the same issue and filmed the controller making the noise but then no comments on a fix for it so was pretty useless.

try the firmware update again
Firmware updates should not be considered a cure all. They do make adjustments to the programmed information in the device being updated, but seldom repair given issues.

Just to confirm? Did you recalibrate again AFTER your FW update?

Hi 3rd, i have done those that you have mentioned and still have the same issue, I have been troubleshooting & searching the web for nearly 3 hours now and found nothing. the only thing i did find was someone had the same issue and filmed the controller making the noise but then no comments on a fix for it so was pretty useless.
Just curious. Did you try to rebind your controller to the drone?

Before you turn on the controller, move both sticks up, down, left and right. The beeping usually occurs when the sticks have been moved during storage and will eventually clear but it's still annoying. After you move the sticks, turn on the controller and that SHOULD fix the beeping issue.

Just curious. Did you try to rebind your controller to the drone?
Hi Mark, yes this was also tried multiple times but still no luck. the person who had the same issue on youtube replied to me in the end and DJI replaced the controller but didn't state what the issue was.

I managed to return the drone to the retailer this morning who replaced both the drone & controller so all should be all good now hopefully.

Thanks everyone for the replies, its much appreciated.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas