DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Before I press the Buy Button....

Jase

Reactions
I'm considering getting a Mavic Pro Air tomorrow but I'm a little concerned about the range and reliability.

How good are the Mavic Airs now and what sort of range can I expect in the UK in average conditions. I'm used to the Mavic Pro and I realise it will not be as good but is it bad?

The size makes it ideal for me to carry with my camera gear.

Cheers

FCC hack and you’ll get good range. Not MPP range but if a mile+ isn’t good enough then stick with the others.

Plus your area is all that matters.
I just flew my MA out 2.77 miles today on FCC mode so you decide

FCC hack and you’ll get good range. Not MPP range but if a mile+ isn’t good enough then stick with the others.

Plus your area is all that matters.
I just flew my MA out 2.77 miles today on FCC mode so you decide

Thanks for the reply, guess I'm a little behind the times here but what is FCC mode/hack?

Also does this 'hack' affect warranty or anything else?

I notice you're in the US where I'm in the UK and from what I heard before it's the EU that has the worst range?

Thanks for the reply, guess I'm a little behind the times here but what is FCC mode/hack?

Also does this 'hack' affect warranty or anything else?

I notice you're in the US where I'm in the UK and from what I heard before it's the EU that has the worst range?

Yea you’re going to have a limited power/range but if you search the FCC hack it’s based on the location your phone tells the drone you are at.

FCC mode in CE area

Seems fairly easy to do and then you’d have full potential for your environment.

When I was in Mallorca I flew my Mavic Air over the sea 1.8 km, in the uk I usually get about 1km this is with FCC, I am still on the original firmware no updates.
As for reliability I have had no problems, flown about 8 km so far.
I did return on 7% battery once in Mallllorca over the sea that was a bit scary.

When I was in Mallorca I flew my Mavic Air over the sea 1.8 km, in the uk I usually get about 1km this is with FCC, I am still on the original firmware no updates.
As for reliability I have had no problems, flown about 8 km so far.
I did return on 7% battery once in Mallllorca over the sea that was a bit scary.

Thanks, when you say in the UK with FCC is that using the above hack or is that an option in the Mavic Air anyway?

Yes that's the one I used, the MA think's it is in the us but in reality it is in the uk or any other country.
When you start up the MA you have to cancel the update promt otherwise it will reset to uk wifi

Mmmm sounds like a lot of hassle.

Without the FCC hack what sort of range would you be looking at?

Not much hassle really once it has been done I just cancel the update every time I start up.
In ce mode probably 800 m

Reactions: DesJardins
Not much hassle really once it has been done I just cancel the update every time I start up.
In ce mode probably 800 m

OK I think I get it now, it's not a hack as I was thinking (ie hacked firmware) it's just a method to trick it... looks good.

My problem, it appears it only works with android and I'm on apple ios?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy