DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner: Connectin loss

MikeLimaZulu

Reactions
Hi everyone
I used my Mavic Pro Platinum for the first time last weekend. At start everyrhing looked fined. I flew it into position and then started the track mode. Still no problem.
Then I told the drone to circle me. It started and then I lost connection resulting in my drone constantely turning around me and luckily not hitting anything or anyone.
Distance was about 15 meter, battery fully charged and latest firmware installed.
I checked the setting what the drone should do on connection loss and the setting is "Return to home". But it prefered to ignore this.

Is this a firmware problem ? A problem on my side ?

I'm quiet anxious to let it fly again.

Regards
Michael aka MikeLimaZulu

Hi everyone
I used my Mavic Pro Platinum for the first time last weekend. At start everyrhing looked fined. I flew it into position and then started the track mode. Still no problem.
Then I told the drone to circle me. It started and then I lost connection resulting in my drone constantely turning around me and luckily not hitting anything or anyone.
Distance was about 15 meter, battery fully charged and latest firmware installed.
I checked the setting what the drone should do on connection loss and the setting is "Return to home". But it prefered to ignore this.

Regards
Michael aka MikeLimaZulu

Please post your flight log. DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Hi everyone

Regards
Michael aka MikeLimaZulu
When you lost connection, was that shown on the Go 4 app' or on the RC Controller - or both???
You should have been able to press the pause button on the controller and get the drone to stop. Then use the controller to bring it back and land.

Done thank you so far. You can see it started the turn and then lost connection. What's not recorded are the 5 or 6 circles it made around me.

Regards
Michael

When you lost connection, was that shown on the Go 4 app' or on the RC Controller - or both???
You should have been able to press the pause button on the controller and get the drone to stop. Then use the controller to bring it back and land.
Remote showed: Connection lost. Nothing worked.

I think you just lost video connection, you could still control the drone with the controller. As stated above you could cancel the active track by hitting the pause button then use the controller to fly the drone back to you. You should still have been able the press the return to home button even though there was no video showing on the controller.
probable cause would be bad connection between monitor and remote.

IF you are using one of the provided cables in the side port on the RC to display you might want to consider changing to the bottom USB port on the RC to the display. While I am on the side port, it is Micro USB. It is fragile and I suggest you refer to the User Manual as to the orientation of the charging cable. A thought is to use a Micro USB cable with a magnetic tip and just leave the tip in at all times.

Anker brand cables seem to be a reliable replacement. If you are using an Apple display, make sure the replacement cable is MFI certified.

@msinger provides links to all sorts of parts, tips and a host of drone items. Slide down and look at the Remote Controller, he has a host of cables linked.
Additionally he makes a number of 3D printed accessories.

It's too bad flight logs aren't recorded on the RC itself. Better yet, missing log info retrieved on reconnection.

Reactions: JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada