DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner Mode AC status question

Rick0504N

Reactions
Does anyone know if the status indicator light flashes red when you have reached max distance or altitude when in Beginner Mode? I noticed the red light when I hit the max, but can’t find anything that states that the light will change from green to red when you attempt to reach the max. I had no problems with the AC during the flight, so just curious.

I’ll check it out next flight, but if anyone knows that the red is related to max (as opposed to something else), I’d appreciate it.

Thank you.

A status indicator light table is found on page 12 of the manual. None of the listings mention beginner mode.
upload_2018-5-11_12-48-47.png
What color is it before you hit the limit and does it change back to that when you bring it closer?

I didn’t see it mentioned in the manual or anywhere else, so was hoping someone just might happen to know.
I’ll definitely try it again and make note of exactly what is happening as I breach the max limit.

Ok, I tested it in Beginner Mode and that is exactly what happens -- when you hit the max distance or altitiude, the status indicator turns from green to red. DJI should add that to the manual I guess.
On another note, I flew for the first time in normal mode. It was exciting to say the least. 300 feet up and about 1500 feet out. Unbelievable. And of course, cannot wait to get out there again !

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78