DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

beginner problems

DonSanAnto

Reactions
RE: I’m a beginner/novice & I got my Mavic Pro today and I seek your help before I deal with DJI support:

1. With Mavic Pro set to R/C (remote control) and no mobile device attached to R/C:
a. Drone turns on fine (props twitch and lights are on);
i. Drone turns off fine also;
b. R/C turns on fine & commences to connect;
i. R/C turns off fine also;
c. Once it connects, drone’s status light is flashing green, & ‘beginner’ shows on R/C LCD screen:

i. The status never changes to ‘ready to go’…
1. I attempted to pull down-inner on both ‘sticks’ to start/stop props but nothing happens & R/C stuck on ‘beginner’ status;
2. I attempted to pull down-outer on both ‘sticks’ to start/stop props but nothing happens & R/C stuck on ‘beginner’ status.

2. With Android phone connected to R/C & connected to my Mavic Pro via Wi-Fi (login was good, etc) and I then execute DJI GO 4 app to activate the app-drone pairing:
a. I get as far as the final step, the actual ‘activation’ and the DJI message informs me that I have “no internet connection” though I confirm (once again) to myself that I do and that is as far it I get;
b. I turn on the R/C to attempt a connection but it won’t (because of the above scenario no doubt).

Thanks.

Set your Mavic to RC, connect your phone to the RC via cable, try again.. it seems to me that you are making it a lot more complicated for yourself than it needs to be..

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
You do have a Mavic and not a Spark...right?

it worked but then i was prompted to update the firmware so i went to the instructions to download the latest dji assist 2 for the drone and followed the guide 'to the letter' (trying to update rc & drone simultaneously) but it's not doing it... the rc is trying to connect while the drone is blinking itself crazy and the dji assist 2 isn't much help --i.e., it didn't allow me to select a mavic pro, etc., it just shows an inspire 2 method of connecting...

any ideas? --the rc keeps wanting to shutdown every 5min, by the way. :) this is a real drag, truly. help!

Set your Mavic to RC, connect your phone to the RC via cable, try again.. it seems to me that you are making it a lot more complicated for yourself than it needs to be..
As quoted.
Turn everything off.
Make sure your Phone/tablet etc is connected to your home internet, usually by the home wifi.
Connect phone to RC, turn on RC and open the DJI app.
Then turn on MP.
Make sure the switch on MP is set to RC.
Important here is to make sure all batteries start out with 100% charge as it can take a while and will shut down if battery levels drop, Includes Phone, RC and MP.
I have never yet done an update through the Assistant.

Search YouTube. Lots of video on initial setup.

Rob

thanx all. i'll work it out.
When you start DJI Assistant it will only show a connection to the Inspire drone. Try to simplify your setup by doing the drone and RC separately. Connect the drone to your computer, start DJI Assistant, then start the drone. In a few seconds you should see the USB connector pictured on the computer screen move to connect to your drone. When it connects, it should detect your Mavic and show it it the upper left corner of the Assistant screen. Double click on the icon that has appeared and proceed with the update. After updating the drone, go through the same procedure to update the RC. As others have mentioned if you search YouTube, there are videos on how to use Assistant to update.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229