DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bending to one side.

Skekos

Reactions
Hello. I got a mini one week ago, and i noticed that when it flyes it is not parallel with the ground, but it bends to one side. It does the same when it hovers.

Welcome to the Mini Forum

First and foremost if you can replace it you should do so because these need to be perfect out of the box .
If you have to do any calculating , its a no go.

Now with that said you may : Check to see the Props are on correctly. : Fly it in the house with GPS lock by a window and your Hover should be perfect with very minimum movement. While Hovering listen to the sound it should be constant anything else is not right.

You will need min 7 sats to lock GPS and home point.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mini in the Rain.

Reactions: Skekos
Hello. I got a mini one week ago, and i noticed that when it flyes it is not parallel with the ground, but it bends to one side. It does the same when it hovers.

Are you referring to the camera or the aircraft itself? If the aircraft was leaning to the side it would move in the direction it is leaning towards.

Hi, i am referring to the aircraft. Although it bends sometimes, it goes straight forward !

Hi, i am referring to the aircraft. Although it bends sometimes, it goes straight forward !

It’s normal for it to ‘tilt’ when it is moving and always in the direction of travel but the only time it will tilt while hovering is to correct movement caused by wind and prop wash causing disturbed air to bounce off the ground when a metre or so from the ground.

i noticed that when it flyes it is not parallel with the ground,
That"s how it corrects for wind. FIxed wing aircraft crab, drones bank into the wind during flight and always while hovering. The gimbal does an amazing job of not showing it. Why would anyone like FPV ;)

You can fly the Mini indoors without GPS ......PROVIDING the room is well lit. DO NOT try it in a poorly lit room.
If you do fly it indoors try to do it over a stable surface without any nearby things flapping in the downdraught. I think the downwards vision sensors are sensitive enough to detect some flapping things and cause the Mini to wobble a bit as it compensates for the flapping, when over a stable surface my Mini is near enough rock solid in terms of stablity.
Does it hover level indoors?

I use FPV to see how much the drone is having to roll to fight the wind, it's a pity there is not a switchable ATTI mode in the Mini.

Last edited by a moderator:
years ago when I used to build my own multicopters (quads / tricopters) I had no choice but to fly fpv as I never had a gimbal, so pleased when DJI came up with the Phantom 1 and gimbals were able to be fitted to them, then the P3P came and a different world but now the mini 2 beats all as far as I'm concerned

years ago when I used to build my own multicopters (quads / tricopters) I had no choice but to fly fpv as I never had a gimbal, so pleased when DJI came up with the Phantom 1 and gimbals were able to be fitted to them, then the P3P came and a different world but now the mini 2 beats all as far as I'm concerned
Just to confirm, when you say beats all...you just mean it is better than the P3P? As in just the all that you have owned? I actually love my P3P still and fly it probably weekly now...But I wouldn't say my M2Z beats all over the P3P it still has it's merits over the M2Z that I fly predominately.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.

Just to confirm, when you say beats all...you just mean it is better than the P3P? As in just the all that you have owned? I actually love my P3P still and fly it probably weekly now...But I wouldn't say my M2Z beats all over the P3P it still has it's merits over the M2Z that I fly predominately.
I got the mini 2 because in the uk this winter there's new laws coming in that restricts where I can fly etc where the mini 2 hasn't got the restrictions, and has got all the camera settings as the P3P plus the zoom, with my P3P a lot of my neighbours were moaning about me flying the P3P even though I was sticking to all the exsiting rules plus it was so noisey, now with the mini 2 ppl here just think it's a small quiet toy and are not bothered with it.
also so small to carry about instead of the big backpack I used to have, taking it to Spain with me every year it would take up a full cupboard space whereas the mini 2 will fit in a drawer.
yes for me mini 2 is best
saying that all the time I had my P3P I did enjoy it and made some fantastic videos with it and never had any problems with it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe