DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best all around drone?

Letsparty

Reactions
If you can pick just one drone from your fleet and you should discard the rest, which onee would you pick and why? For me it's gonna have to be the Mini 2. It has less restrictions to fly, is very portable, and has a decent enough camera for videos. Plus it's small enough to go through small gaps and its lack of sensors would actually be more of a blessing than a curse during these situations.

From MY fleet???? If I had BUY only one and do that TODAY it might be Air2s. It splits the difference between my Mini 2 and my Mavic 2 Pro. The images from my Mini 2 are good, but not as good as I need at times. It all depends on if you want/need a drone with a camera on it or a flying camera. But on second thought, my Mavic 2 Pro checks a lot of boxes. I recently had a 10 day trip to the east coast and took my M2P and was very happy with it. I figured out how to pack it for day trips that I didn't mind carrying it around with me. The Air2s has some great features, lighter than the M2P, not that big, takes great pictures and videos and has some great advanced features. What neither of the Air's or the Minis have is variable aperture. Maybe DJI's next release with be a suped-up Mavic Air style drone with an 8k camera and variable aperture?

However, if traveling internationally, it is probably important to have a sub 250 gram drone to bypass restrictions that a lot of countries have implemented. And many countries put further restrictions on foreigners.

Mavic 2 Pro definitely. The best quality camera, closer focal length and ability to change aperture are a few critical things for me. I'd like to see firmware upgrades for improved intelligent flight modes. That said, I like my MA2 a lot as an alternative/backup.
If I was traveling to a country with the <250g restriction, at the modest price of the Mini2, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

if it were not for the distance from people and structures restrictions, that are coming from the end of 2022 for my MPP, then it would still be my favorite DJI drone ,even though i will be limited to places to fly with it,

The Mavic two pro the camera on it is so good

I love my MA2 but if I had to choose just one, then hands down my Mini 2 would be my choice. I love how easy it packs up for a trip.
When traveling I use it to take photos and it takes great photos. It also has digital zoom in photo mode...something the MA2 does not.
I like that it is less intrusive than bigger drones...almost stealth like. I really like how nimble it is.

Reactions: BarbT and bonzo
Air 2s. Can do pretty much what I do with the P4P v2 but more compact

If you can pick just one drone from your fleet and you should discard the rest, which onee would you pick and why? For me it's gonna have to be the Mini 2. It has less restrictions to fly, is very portable, and has a decent enough camera for videos. Plus it's small enough to go through small gaps and its lack of sensors would actually be more of a blessing than a curse during these situations.
Well I just became a "fleet" owner by purchasing a Mavic Mini 2 to travel and get through customs in Africa. But my Mavic 2 Pro has everything I could possibly want.

Dale
Miami

Air2 all the way. Have a Mini and not even close.

Reactions: dsrtrdr7
I have the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air 2, and the Mini 2. Tough one, but the way things are going in the rules department, I'd have to say I'd keep the Mini 2. It's been the easiest for me to fly without being noticed and I suppose it'll remain the least impacted by rules and more rules a little longer than the larger ones.

M2P or Air 2S.

I have a fleet of drones, many of them I have sold off. If there could only be 1 it would be the Air 2s. The M2P is a great drone also, but the Air 2s for the money cannot be beat. The crop sensor zoom is amazing and does come in handy on infrastructure.

Great drone all around

I have been happily operating my original Mavic Mini for approximately 18 months. If I upgrade I would go with Air 2 S. I’m waiting for the Remote ID dust to settle on September 2023. I am riding on the proverbial fence. I may stay with my Mini. ?
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails ➰

Hands down the Mavic 2 Pro. The Hasselblad 1" sensor produces incredible video. It's relatively easy to fly, has crash sensors all around, can use DJI or Litchi Apps (Waypoints are great in Litchi), folds nice and small, decent battery life, good wind flying, able to attach accessories up to about a pound (GoPro, release machanism, delivery items, etc. I even pulled a "ghost" around the neighborhood on Halloween, and the price is reasonable for the value

From MY fleet???? If I had BUY only one and do that TODAY it might be Air2s. It splits the difference between my Mini 2 and my Mavic 2 Pro. The images from my Mini 2 are good, but not as good as I need at times. It all depends on if you want/need a drone with a camera on it or a flying camera. But on second thought, my Mavic 2 Pro checks a lot of boxes. I recently had a 10 day trip to the east coast and took my M2P and was very happy with it. I figured out how to pack it for day trips that I didn't mind carrying it around with me. The Air2s has some great features, lighter than the M2P, not that big, takes great pictures and videos and has some great advanced features. What neither of the Air's or the Minis have is variable aperture. Maybe DJI's next release with be a suped-up Mavic Air style drone with an 8k camera and variable aperture?

However, if traveling internationally, it is probably important to have a sub 250 gram drone to bypass restrictions that a lot of countries have implemented. And many countries put further restrictions on foreigners.
Thank you. I have just ordered the Air 2 S for exactly these reasons. Its due next week and we are in Covid lockdown for at least the next 12 weeks so this will be the best way to explore my neighbourhood

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13