DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best American made drone?

Here is some info about Autel Robotics, its shareholders (all Chinese), and headquarters in Shenzen, China:
Pan Xiangxi (潘相熙), is Executive Director.

The Vesper Drone by Vantage Robotics has an awesome light weight, long flight time, super quiet drone that sells for 7,000 dollars, mostly due to its extreme camera system capabilities. It's a former military drone. It's made for stealth surveillance missions. It's also water resistant, meaning it can fly in heavy rainstorms. It also has impressive wind resistance considering how light it is.

90 min flight time vtol. 68mph max speed.

90 min flight time vtol. 68mph max speed.
Neither of these is going to excite most DJI flyers.

The Ebee looks like a $100 foam RC plane but costs over US$10,000.
It's good for mapping flights, but nothing else.

The Vantage Robotics Vesper has been around a few years now.
It's about the same size and speed as a Mavic 3, but 2 or 3 times the price.
It flies longer and quieter, but has less signal range.
It's camera is only 8 megapixels.

Neither of these is going to excite most DJI flyers.
Agreed , if I were coming from probably an RC plane background I might be more excited. But my ultimate goal when I First got a drone and w hen I continue to get them is for photography/videography, and most of the competitors I saw either can't match it or are a bit too expensive to match it.

Yes .. Autel is a Chinese company, just like DJI.
They have a sales and service centre in Bothell, WA, just like DJI have a sales and service centre in California.
But that doesn't make either of them an American company.

The difference is that everyone knows DJI is Chinese and Autel is happy to let you think they aren't.
Thanks for the polite answer.

The Vesper Drone by Vantage Robotics has an awesome light weight, long flight time, super quiet drone that sells for 7,000 dollars, mostly due to its extreme camera system capabilities. It's a former military drone. It's made for stealth surveillance missions. It's also water resistant, meaning it can fly in heavy rainstorms. It also has impressive wind resistance considering how light it is.

I just happen to see a short video of the Vesper drone today and it sounds like something I’d like to get. I like the fact that it’s made in USA and not China! Do you have any firsthand experience with the vesper or do you know anyone that’s flown one before? Sounds like it might be a good drone to have and if something goes wrong there’s a much better chance of getting some customer service help than DJI.

I just happen to see a short video of the Vesper drone today and it sounds like something I’d like to get. I like the fact that it’s made in USA and not China! Do you have any firsthand experience with the vesper or do you know anyone that’s flown one before? Sounds like it might be a good drone to have
It's an old model, but back in 2020 the price was $7000.
The 8MP camera wasn't particularly exciting either.
It doesn't have the fancy features that you get with consumer drones.

Here's he manufacturers website:
and if something goes wrong there’s a much better chance of getting some customer service help than DJI.
DJI customers aren't having problems getting service.

Speak for yourself. Read more post of people having problems getting service. Just because you haven't had problems doesn't mean others are in the same position.

Speak for yourself. Read more posts of people having great experiences getting service. Just because you've had problems doesn't mean others are in the same position.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Forum postings can gauge some sentiment, however, generally more people are likely to post when they are having problems then when things are going just fine.. If you're not having a problem, what is there to complain about?

Flying drones without crashing or damage is a skill. Some fly for years, never have an issue, some crash them within days or hours of learning to fly.. the one's you hear from most are the one's that have a problem, you only hear from the one's that had a great flight when you see their results in great photos or videos from their work.

Many times IMHO the results of a service call are totally dependent on the situation, if its a straight forward issue, they go smoothly in most cases.. If its complicated somehow and the OP is new, it never seems to go right... or its confusing and the OP Is not happy.

I've never crashed any of my drones, though like many, I suspect most of us have gotten close, I've spent $$ on service plans I've never used. I suspect one of these days a problem will occur, but for now, things are fine..

Reactions: drakkor
Hello Folks!

I fly a DJI Air2S. I think it’s a great drone. I want to buy another drone, but thought I would get a non DJI drone. Sometimes the DJI “fly safe” grounds me unnecessarily.

With that said, I thought I would buy an American made drone. In your opinion, what is the best American made drone?

I’ve heard of Skydio and Exo Drones the most.
A follow up question wound be, what are the pros and cons of different American made drones? Has any of the details on pros done any videos about this?

Thanks for your opinions and resources!
Blessings,
Chris
If your Air 2s is at firmware 2190 or earlier, you can use drone-hack to remove all that with the certificate hack, can even go as far as turning off aereoscope broadcasting.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO