DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best AR Goggles for Flying the Mavic 2 Pro

EladRatson

Reactions
I'm thinking of buying VR goggles and was wondering what should be the most important features to take into account when choosing one?

Here is what I believe is important:
  1. Changable diopter (I'm wearing glasses)
  2. Gyro to link head movement with camera gimble penn tilt servos
  3. Wide screen area to allow situational awareness arround drone
I may be wrong and would appreciate the opinions of experienced pilots...

Last edited:
I have used the DJI White goggles, even purchased diopters to accommodate for prescription glasses, but found that when flying with them, they would fog up, so I gave up on them. A few weeks ago I got the Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV glasses and love them! Rochester Optical sells Prescription lenses if you need them and polarized cover for them for when flying in bright sunlight. It is really nice to be able to see the screen and the bird at the same time. A few more dollars then DJI goggles, but I believe you can get refurbished ones now for $499.

I never tried that option and looking at a video from DJI about them, there is no mention of that ability. Maybe someone else would know more about that. With the goggles, there is no situational awareness (unless you lift up the goggles and then try to find your drone, but then you can't see the screen).

it is very difficult to say what the 'best' would be here. smart controller and crystalsky units both have a generic usual hdmi output, so, anything that can accept it would work.
i used my fatshark goggles, used an external screen also - but, with smart controller it is not really needed much, plus, mavic is not a sport FPV drone, so, goggles are not so essential after all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter