DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Best arches in Utah you’ve never seen!?

If there ever was a better place to have a drone! Super rough terrain but oh so beautiful!
Karl

Totally amazing climb, scenery, filming, everything! I thank you so much for giving us this gift. Something I would never have seen otherwise. You guys are truly amazing climbers.

Dale
Miami

Thanks for sharing. I have been in that area but stayed safely near the roads and had no idea that such gorgeous arches were even up there.

Thanks so much for sharing. Great climbing, great video! Subscribed.

"This is the wrong way!" - Loved that little bit of humour in this one. Looked like some serious climbing to get up and back from those incredible arches. Nice drone work, blending in perfectly with your ground footage. It really told the story so well. Great work once again Karl. Cheers mate.

Huge thanks guys! The Swell is quite the uncivilized adventure zone, raw and roughed. Using the drone to have a look around from outside the Swell was a big asset, not as illustrative as you might think looking at a 720p picture on a phone screen but it does help paint the big picture of the terrain to be explored. . . or not. Obviously, it did not quite keep us from "going the wrong way," on a couple of occasions. Internet reports of the area were vague as well. . .
I am so pleased to be able to bring you all with us and share our amazing and somewhat intimidating experiences. That is the goal for my YouTube channel, as always, your support is greatly appreciated. I just got home from Las Vegas doing some climbs in Red Rock Canyon, one with a local expert. He took me on a complex and technical traverse of the largest mountain in the park, Mt. Wilson and it was loaded the thrilling climbing sections! It felt comfortable with Chris Gorney, there to guide me. . .
The next day solo on a very sustained technical climb on a complex mountain proved to be terrifying. I got to through the sustained climbing sections to the summit confidently but soon after that I was literally lost and climbing for my life to escape a maze of deep and steep canyons that I got trapped in. You'd think I could just turn back but getting there was extreme and I went deeper after seeing signs of passage, it only raised the stakes. . . I am here writing this so. . . Honestly, little of the life or death battle is covered in the video, I was a bit pre occupied for that part. . . but the whole area surrounding Rainbow Mountain was incredibly beautiful. They don't call it that for nothing, LOL.

Cheers my friends and have a great weekend! Karl

PS I think I will do the arc video but, I have a few arches to go before I'll have enough footage to do it justice. I need to get down to Moab for a few outside the National Parks there. I haven't yet due to the crowds. . . maybe a warm streak late next fall?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird