DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best battery testing method.

Goldiedpimp

Reactions
I bought a used mavic from a guy online. It was in like new condition with the stickers still on it.

I asked a about the batteries and he said they'd been not flown many times and he'd charged them every so often to maintain them.

When I unboxed, the controller was at 0%, and the batteries were below 2 leds.

I did the 5 second battery health test and it shows healthy on all of them. However when I fly, they deplete pretty quickly. They'll do the thing where they'll suddenly drop a few minutes off their remaining flight time randomly.

The controller battery goes dead after about 30 minutes flight time.

I'm looking to see if there's a way other than the app to show battery health. Especially since the self test says they're fine, but obviously are not.

Will the desktop assistant do any testing?

Is really like to have some type of proof to show the seller to prove they're not in good condition like he said they were.

The only proof you need is your word.

If the controller battery is going dead after 30 minutes , he was most likely aware of that.
I would send it back to him , explain the drone is fine but the controller has issues.

A 5 minute video is all you really need to show that,. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and land on the Water.

Best of luck with that one, let the buyer beware as they say.

Have you actually recharged the drone batteries and flown them within a day or so of that recharge?
What is the charge count on the drone batteries?
If available what is the production date of the batteries?
Did you buy via ebay etc?
What is the DAT file number and if applicable can you see how many DAT files are on the drone?

Those drone batts might improve after a couple of full charge/discharge cycles (~50% isn't bad), but that controller is toast; storing near 0% is a killer for a Lithium based battery (really any rechargeable battery). (1) 30 minute flight doesn't even make a dent in my controller.

The best method I know is to read out the 'Full charge SDK key'

Sadly, dji removed that possibilty from their apps. Probably due to that even new batteries can't live up to the spec :)

The battery % is a little bit misleading. It shows 100% of full charge, not the designed capacity.
Which means that if you have a very bad battery, it still shows 100%, even if it only 80% of the designed capacity.

Regarding the remote, don't forget to turn off fast charge on your phone. My samsung note drains my remote very fast if I don't.

Fast charging enabled or not shouldn't make a difference. The RC isn't capable of putting out more than 500mA and isn't capable of negotiating QC protocol for fast charging anyway. 500mA is slow charging and turning off fast charging doesn't turn off slow charge.

Those drone batts might improve after a couple of full charge/discharge cycles (~50% isn't bad), but that controller is toast; storing near 0% is a killer for a Lithium based battery (really any rechargeable battery). (1) 30 minute flight doesn't even make a dent in my controller.
A single flight with an Android can put a dent in the RC SoC for the original type Mavic RCs. This is because the RC delivers up to 500mA to the mobile device and very few Androids have a way to disable charging. At least not without rooting.

I agree though, one flight shouldn't deplete an RC completely. I can get 3 to 4 flights from my M2 remote with an Android tablet.

Cycle all batteries and controller by fully charging and leaving on until they turn themselves off.

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61