DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Air 2s Fly more combo WITH Smart Controller for $1349.99

Last edited:

Just purchase this for that price, not sure how long it will be at this price.

Good Luck

UPDATE:
I now know why you guys are not seeing my price, it's because I have what they call TotalTech, it's the insurance you can purchase. I purchased a Sony Bravia TV from them during the holidays and added the protection. This protection gets added to anything I purchase from them for 2 years at no extra charge.

I kept looking at why I could see the price and no one else could, I"m sure most if not ALL of you thought this old guy is starting to lose it :)

Totaltech Price
$1,349.99Your price for this item is $1,349.99
Save $400
Was $1,749.99

Now, does anyone here have this combo? The smart controller with the Air 2s? If you do, how does it fly? Is it smooth or choppy? etc.

Thanks
For me, the smart controller was choppy. I did not like the experience. My dad just bought the Air 2S w/rc Pro from B&H and it works awesome. No lag, no choppiness.

Reactions: HOG2K and bonzo
Rather glad I’m in the UK! At least the price is clear but considerably more than you lucky guys over the pond. Can’t wait to wander round Best Buy when we finally get to visit you beautiful country after Easter🤞

Reactions: MA2 317 and zeusfl
Rather glad I’m in the UK! At least the price is clear but considerably more than you lucky guys over the pond. Can’t wait to wander round Best Buy when we finally get to visit you beautiful country after Easter🤞
Where will you be visiting in the US?

Good Luck

UPDATE:
I now know why you guys are not seeing my price, it's because I have what they call TotalTech, it's the insurance you can purchase. I purchased a Sony Bravia TV from them during the holidays and added the protection. This protection gets added to anything I purchase from them for 2 years at no extra charge.

I kept looking at why I could see the price and no one else could, I"m sure most if not ALL of you thought this old guy is starting to lose it :)

Totaltech Price
Save $400
Was $1,749.99

Now, does anyone here have this combo? The smart controller with the Air 2s? If you do, how does it fly? Is it smooth or choppy? etc.

Thanks
Let's hope they really do send you the Air2s and if they do, you got a great deal. Maybe you should buy a few more and sell them on and make a few hundred on each one, saving the buyer a few hundred as well.

I fly the Mavic 2 Pro with the SC and have never experienced any lag or choppiness, it works perfectly.
I would not buy the Air 2S with smart controller's ancient chipset in 2022.
Only AIR 2S FMC with RC PRO for $1749.

1)RC PRO is now compatible with Air 2S and M3.
2)RC PRO has nearly 5x more TX power than old SC. (25.5 dbm vs 33dbm), rated 5 km more.
3)RC PRO has a WAY faster processor, USB-C quick charge, longer lasting battery, mini hdmi and Occusync 3+.
4) RC PRO can use GPS + Galileo + GLONASS, old SC can only use two of those.

Maybe I'm dumb but paying $400 more for the faster processor and TX range power alone is worth it to me, I have an M3 and the range and penetration difference is huge. Specs for both below.

Old SC:
DJI Smart Controller - Specifications - DJI

New RC PRO:
DJI RC Pro - Specs - DJI

Reactions: bonzo
why would anyone want the RC Pro when you can get a Tripletek and it has more Nits?
Would you still need the original controller to work with the Tripletek or does it work similar to the RC Pro (independent)?

why would anyone want the RC Pro when you can get a Tripletek and it has more Nits?
As stated above, 5x the TX power, and hdmi port. It can also output video at 1080p thru USB-C port.

That means you can buy a 2200 nit display for $175, 2x brighter than tripletek, and have 5x the TX power. Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/FEELWORLD-Monitor-2200nit-Brightness-1920x1200/dp/B07PY36XNV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3KCUTSAXYFNES&keywords=feelworld+monitor+2200+nits&qid=1643935040&sprefix=feelworld+monitor+2200+nits+,aps,70&sr=8-3

Last edited:

Good Luck

UPDATE:

Totaltech Price
Save $400
Was $1,749.99

Thanks
Have been using A2S with SC since the A2S first came out. Works great! Wouldn't use anything else.

You all missed the boat on the special that B&H was running for the A2S FMC with the new RC Pro controller for $1749.
And.... the batteries that come with it are 1375's not the standard 1350's

Good Luck

UPDATE:

Totaltech Price
Save $400
Was $1,749.99

Thanks
Yes, I have it. Have had it twice actually. It is so much better with the smart controller. The first time I bought it with the older smart controller and then again, when DJI came out with the RC Pro remote. Both are excellent, the only major difference between the two controllers is the older supports ocusync 2 while the RCC Pro support ocusync 3 which the transmission system of the Air 2s. But, like I said having both I notice little difference between the controllers.
Congrats on a great buy! Amazing.

Yes, I have it. Have had it twice actually. It is so much better with the smart controller. The first time I bought it with the older smart controller and then again, when DJI came out with the RC Pro remote. Both are excellent, the only major difference between the two controllers is the older supports ocusync 2 while the RCC Pro support ocusync 3 which the transmission system of the Air 2s. But, like I said having both I notice little difference between the controllers.
Congrats on a great buy! Amazing.

Hi Bobby,

Are you flying your Air 2s with the smart controller? Are you getting lag? I've read many posts about the lag that I'm actually afraid to fly mine with the smart controller when I get it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor