DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy screwed me

TommyJeep

Reactions
A warning to others...

I placed my order with Best Buy on 10/25. Even though everything was fine with my credit card, my order status page indicated "Failed Authorization". Between my order date and around December 1, I called three different times, used their chat twice and posted on their forum, BEGGING them to look into it. Each time they told me that my order looked fine and they had the authorization they needed. They said not to worry about the "Failed Authorization" note on my order.

Well, I suspect my turn in line came last Tuesday (Dec 6) because my order was abruptly cancelled. I suspect they were ready to ship my Mavic and realized the "Failed Authorization" actually does matter. I called Best Buy and was told that my card failed authorization and the system automatically cancelled my order. I asked why was I not contacted? They had my phone number and my email address, but no attempts were made. Because the system is automated, there was nothing that could be done. Now I know someone at Best Buy could have done something, but the CSR I spoke to, and her manager were powerless. They suggested I place a new order. HA! I told them I plan to, with ANY vendor except Best Buy.
I posted a follow up message on the Best Buy forum just to see if there was something "John" could do, but there isn't. It's done. Nearly two months and I just lost my place in line.
If you want to check out the forum post, it's here: Failed Authorization on my order - Best Buy Support

I've since placed an order with DJI directly and I've placed a 2nd order with Apple. I'm hearing some people are getting fulfilled orders within a couple weeks via Apple.

What's ironic is weeks after I placed my Best Buy order, I ordered two batteries from DJI directly. I also pre-ordered the Polar Pro filters. The filters arrived (in perfect condition) about two weeks ago, and the batteries arrived yesterday.

Newegg has been the fastest and most reliable (even faster than DJI even though it all ships direct from DJI)

Newegg has been the fastest and most reliable (even faster than DJI even though it all ships direct from DJI)

Thanks for the heads up. I was originally just keeping a single order with a single vendor and trying to be patient. Since Best Buy did me wrong, I'm re-thinking my strategy and possibly placing orders with several vendors.

Thats what I did when DJI launch was delayed the two extras I received I ended up selling which paid for my original Flymore

I placed an order with BestBuy.ca at the beggining of November for a Mavic Pro. I then purchased a $1600 BB gift card at a BB store a day later and entered the card number on the order online. Over the next couple months I spoke with BB reps on the phone a few times to varify that they would not try to charge my credit card but instead use the gift card. They assured me that it would be done each time. Then at the beginning of January I noticed my order had been cancelled online. I called BB and they advised that it was cancelled because my credit card was rejected......the one I told them not to charge on several occasions. I finally asked for a manager but was told none were available.The rep assured me that a manager would call me within 24 hours. No one did so a couple days later I called back. Again I explained the situation and was assured a manager would call me back within 24 hours. Again no one did.
I then wrote an email to BB customer service and received a response email saying that they were sorry that my experience was a bad one. Thats it. No drone. No excuses. Nothing solved.
THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING FROM BEST BUY. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NIL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki