DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Cell Phone for use in Sunshine

Posted this in the Mavic section but might get more response in here.

I just got a Mavic Pro and plan to use my Nvidia Shield K1 tablet for the controller. However, my cell phone just died so need a new phone. Is there a good cell phone that anybody can recommend that you can actually use in the bright sun? No way I can fork out the cash for a Crystal Sky but since I need a new phone anyway thought I might as well check and see what y'all are using.
Here's my answer to the bright sun making it difficult to see the screen of my Galaxy Tab A6DJI_0226.JPG

Here's my answer to the bright sun making it difficult to see the screen of my Galaxy Tab A6View attachment 57413

I know you are trying to be helpful but my whole point was to be able to avoid the sunshade for certain trips. So to let y'all know the driver behind my question in the first place.

In April I am going fishing in the Seychelles. We are fishing a way out there atoll that requires a charter flight to a small island with a dinky runway then a mothership overnight drive to where we are fishing. The charter flight is incredibly restrictive on weight limits. I am alllowed one checked bag of a max of 15kgs and one carrying with a max of 5 kgs. That means for my entire vacation I can carry 20 kgs (44#) of gear. When I start adding in all my fishing tackle, wading boots, cameras,.......well you get the picture.

I really want to be able to take my Mavic but it is going to come down to the wire as for as my total weight limit goes. Being able to leave the tablet, tablet holder, and sunshade at home just makes it more likely I'll be able to take the drone.

Thanks for all the replies and Happy New Year!

Steve

Last year when I bought my MP I use Samsung Note 4, pretty much useless outside even on cloudy days. This is why I also bought CS Ultra Bright. Couple months later we, my wife and I, upgraded our cell phones. My wife choose iPhone X and I decided to go S9 Plus. Both phones work very well on the sunny days, I did side by side comparison and both displays are equally very good/bright. Still, they are nowhere close to CS UB. In my opinion any phone with display which is capable to produce around 1000 nits will work very good and from portability point of view is very hard to fault them. I travel a lot on my motorcycles and portability is very important, there is no much room to store all cameras, drone, chargers, cables, etc. but I will leave one of my camera home and CS will travel with me :)

Reactions: ifsteve

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven