DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Drone Choice for stills.

I would agree with you about the Air 2 having better detail out of camera. The Air 2 does some internal manipulation of the file from what I've seen. So if you don't do any post-processing with Lightroom, Photoshop, Capture One, etc. or your images are mainly for web viewing definitely go with the Air 2. But if you want to manipulate the image to get more out of it (detail, sharpness, clarity, highlight/shadow detail, contrast, etc.) go with the M2P. The M2P RAW file simply holds so much more information.

And I believe, though I'm not positive, the 48 MP stills are JPGs, not RAW files. If you shoot RAW with the Air 2 then I think the image is 12 MP. Maybe someone can clarify or elaborate on this...

Reactions: Fltwrench
I would agree with you about the Air 2 having better detail out of camera. The Air 2 does some internal manipulation of the file from what I've seen. So if you don't do any post-processing with Lightroom, Photoshop, Capture One, etc. or your images are mainly for web viewing definitely go with the Air 2. But if you want to manipulate the image to get more out of it (detail, sharpness, clarity, highlight/shadow detail, contrast, etc.) go with the M2P. The M2P RAW file simply holds so much more information.

And I believe, though I'm not positive, the 48 MP stills are JPGs, not RAW files. If you shoot RAW with the Air 2 then I think the image is 12 MP. Maybe someone can clarify or elaborate on this...
I think the MA2 will be just so so for me, I’m not going to be completely satisfied, I’m betting those 48MP are just JPEG only. I suppose I could convert the JPEG to DNG but that wouldn’t gain me much of anything. You are absolutely right about what you said above. The thing is I actually have a degree in Commercial Digital Photography and I use Photoshop and Lightroom a lot. I’m really looking forward to a Mavic 3. If one doesn’t come by the end of the year I bet I end up with a M2P.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78