DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best drone to buy

horsieman

Reactions
Hi Every one
I am from Northern Ireland I am just new to drones and to this site. I am looking to purchase a drone soon .I am a retired man and always had a thing for photography .What is the best drone for camera work .Independence and easy to use.I want to buy one that will last me a few years.I would be grateful to get any help with this?.

I don't have a qualified opinion on the best drone as far as the camera, but...

I do recommend you buy a toy drone first, something like a Hubsan or Syma or Sky Viper, etc... and learn too fly without all the bells and whistles a DJI will offer you.

Fwiw, I own a Mavic Pro and find the camera to be quite usable with some tweaking and work. Not optimal, but acceptable for my needs.

Reactions: Rockycat
And then there is the delayed announcement of the Mavic 2. It will hopefully have a better camera.

I've had A3 prints done from my Mavic Pro and the quality is excellent. My hobbies are photography and hiking and my main reasons for buying the Mavic were its portability and the fact that I can use it to get shots from angles that would be impossible otherwise. My sister has a Phantom 4 and her carry case is suitcase-sized, mine OTOH is the tiny case that came with the fly more combo, just the thing to carry with you on a hike. If portabiliity isn't an issue for you the Phantom's camera has the edge but if you're not going to be doing huge prints and you want something that's easy to carry up Slieve Donard I'd recommend th Mavic Pro.

Thee are lots of comparison videos on YouTube. I wanted a professional drone with a good quality camera priced under $1000. The good quality camera requirement ruled out just about every model under $700. I settled on the Mavic Pro, which is why I joined this forum.

If I had the budget or if I was a commercial drone pilot, I might have gone for the Phantom 4.

You will get a lot of opinions on this. Personally I love the inspire. Would I recommended for your first drone no. For your first drone as of right now you can’t beat the Mavic pro. That thing practically flys itself. If you are not in a hurry I would wait to see what they release I’m sure it will be extremely nice.

Hey, look at this guide before you buy. For the brand that buys drones, you can google "best camera drone to buy". In these review articles on drone brands and models, the price and advantages and disadvantages of drones are usually described in detail, which is what attracts me the most.

Hey, look at this guide before you buy. For the brand that buys drones, you can google "best camera drone to buy". In these review articles on drone brands and models, the price and advantages and disadvantages of drones are usually described in detail, which is what attracts me the most.
You appreciate that the last post before yours was over a year ago....

Autel Evo.... but if can swing it the 2 Pro or 2 Zoom By DJI.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada