DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Fly Device

LeeF

Reactions
Hey Everyone, I haven't been on in a while but really glad you guys are here! So I've been using my Galaxy for my fly device and the screen saver is really jacked up so that opens a can of worms and would really like to change to an iPad or something. But when I got looking I noticed some of the older ones have better chips then some of the newest ones. I could use some help that comes from experience. What are the pros n cons-Thanks so much

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

About the device, I fly with an iPad Pro 11. I sometimes wish I could have the iPad Pro 12.9 inch version, but it wouldn't make a life-changing difference. I used to fly with an iPad Mini and I must say, I prefer the iPad Pro as I can also edit on it. You can do the same with the Mini but the smaller screen... Anyway, my advice would be to get either an iPad Pro if you can or a Tripltek tablet if you're in a bright/sunny climate. Me in Florida, I could definitely use one of those, but then, it's not often I fly in the blazing sun. I'm definitely finding a piece of shade to fly in.🙃

I'm not sure what is meant by older ones having better chips. Each iteration of the iPad has involved faster and faster processors. I use a 12.9 (the latest model as of Jan 2022) and it's crazy good. I am confident the larger screen has saved me from running into wires at least once and a small tree branch one time. I have not used it in summer but it has a reasonably bright screen; we'll see how that goes. I would think the 11" would also be great but regardless of which model you choose, the latest iPads are certainly the best and fastest models to choose.

Hello again LeeF , from the Crossroads of America..

I started with an iPad mini 4, thought about the mini 5, but ended up with a Tripltek Pro 7".

Long battery life and a bright screen all day long. :)

Welcome back. :cool:

Welcome back to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome back, if you can afford the Tripltek, it is the way to go if your operations are in bright sunlight. I did start with a Samsung A20 which did everything I asked of it. It didn’t heat up as quick as the iPhones and pads. Hope this helps.
Regards

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper