DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best ipad compatibility

Gman60

Reactions
Looking to get away from using a Android device to fly my original mavic Pro due to the Android 12 software update which iPads would be the best to compatibility that has wi-Fi and cellular to fly an original mavic Pro?

Looking to get away from using a Android device to fly my original mavic Pro due to the Android 12 software update which iPads would be the best to compatibility that has wi-Fi and cellular to fly an original mavic Pro?
I don't think its necessary to have cellular access.
I only have Mavic 2 Pro and iPad Mini 5 so cannot be sure.

Mini 5 at the minimum, otherwise you will get the "CPU overloaded" message on the Mini 4

iPad Mini 5 or 6 would be the minimum for having some protection if you buy a new drone that uses the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: ANT0407
Yes, totally agree with the 2 previous posts. I tried with the mini4 only to get the cpu overload consistently on 8 test flights on Similar flight paths, and different flight paths. I switched to the mini5 and had excellent results on every test flight.

Keep it simple. Get an iPad Mini 6 -- the current "latest generation" iPad Mini. Don't buy something that's already nearing obsolescence (that would be anything other the latest release). You might save a few bucks by buying a older unit, but that just means it will become useless much, much sooner. Investing in old technology is almost always a bad choice.

The iPad Mini 6 should work nicely for several years and you'll get more out of your purchase.

Or, you could wait a few months and see if they release an iPad Mini 7, but I'm not expecting that this year...your wait may be longer than you would like.

which iPads would be the best to compatibility that has wi-Fi and cellular
As @Fizzbang said in an earlier post, you don’t need a cellular-capable device to use the app. Is their another reason you want one?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu