DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best LUT ??

Tbkiss

Reactions
Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought LUT for post production & has a recommendation?

Thanks in advance

Blue line - typical camera recording curve, little info in shadows/highlights.
Green curve - curve of D-LOG, CINE-D etc. They has more saved information
All what you need is reverse green line (recorded camera profile) into yellow
01.png
In adobe premier you can use this tool:
02.png
As more accuranty you adjust the curve, as closer to original image you will get the result, note every company/model has different curve in D-LOG etc. So it need some tests to choose right reverse curve for your drone

I like the Film Poets LUT as a starting point. It's dirt cheap and if you don't like it, it's free, so zero risk.

Reactions: Tbkiss
As the varied respones indicate there is no "best lut." Find one you like and use it.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Just like anything in life, there are certainly big differences in LUT quality where some are crafted by industry professionals vs none professionals(which most luts are). The understanding of color science and the sensor is a major factor in LUT output/results. So it’s important to choose carefully from a reputable developer.

Here is an example of high quality Mavic LUTs being used...

Give SpectrumGrades a try www.spectrumgrades.com
Here’s a screen shot of one on my videos using one from their Pure range.

c7b109e6d5c714c94c59c06610f750e7.jpg

It's free or it's cheap?

It's $19?

It's exactly what I said in the post you quoted, sorry for any confusion - it's dirt cheap for what you're getting ($19) and if you don't like it the maker will refund you and you still get to keep the LUT. You either get a cheap LUT you end up liking or you're refunded - therefore zero risk.

Give SpectrumGrades a try www.spectrumgrades.com
Here’s a screen shot of one on my videos using one from their Pure range.

c7b109e6d5c714c94c59c06610f750e7.jpg

Nice shot there, it looks natural.
Too many in post ‘overcook’ their videos (and photos) with way too much colour and / or saturation.

Reactions: squashedant1970
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure