DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best monitor setup

tck444

Reactions
Everyone always asking about the best computer specs but I am curious about setting up a monitor (or pair of) for editing. I currently have a 32" 4k monitor but still seems I am constantly scrolling to keep my work area manageable on the screen.

Considering adding an Ultra-Wide as a second monitor (not 4k) as a dual monitor setup? Priced about $300 or less if possible

All comments welcome.

Go for it.
I always had a dual monitor setup but I splashed out on a Samsung Odyssey 49” 4k curved ultra wide.
It took me ages to actually press the buy now, a lot to spend if I didn’t like it but it’s a joy to use, It’s like three 19” or two 27” monitors & I love it.

Reactions: tck444
Go for it.
I always had a dual monitor setup but I splashed out on a Samsung Odyssey 49” 4k curved ultra wide.
It took me ages to actually press the buy now, a lot to spend if I didn’t like it but it’s a joy to use, It’s like three 19” or two 27” monitors & I love it.
The one issue I have with my 32" monitor is the fact that some programs cannot resize their fonts correctly resulting in tiny writing which is very difficult to read. I can always change the monitor resolution but very cumbersome. Perhaps some other work-a-round but I have not taken the time to research? Maybe some way to open in compatibility mode, etc?

The one issue I have with my 32" monitor is the fact that some programs cannot resize their fonts correctly resulting in tiny writing which is very difficult to read. I can always change the monitor resolution but very cumbersome. Perhaps some other work-a-round but I have not taken the time to research? Maybe some way to open in compatibility mode, etc?
This probably won’t work for what you want but it works for documents & web pages.
Try Ctrl & scrolling up with the mouse wheel.

This probably won’t work for what you want but it works for documents & web pages.
Try Ctrl & scrolling up with the mouse wheel.
Thanks, but did not work for me . Also tried Ctrl+ which works on a web browser but no any effect on an individual program. Tried Minimize on Open and various other tweaks but still researching.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thanks, but did not work for me . Also tried Ctrl+ which works on a web browser but no any effect on an individual program. Tried Minimize on Open and various other tweaks but still researching.
Was going to suggest using Display Scale Layout ( changes the size of text ) tested it out but even if it worked in the software you use you would have to alter it back and forth all the time.
Am out of ideas :(

Was going to suggest using Display Scale Layout ( changes the size of text ) tested it out but even if it worked in the software you use you would have to alter it back and forth all the time.
Am out of ideas :(
Thanks, I am back to my idea of the dual monitor setup. Do not really need the 4K for preliminary or timeline edits, I just want more screen area. Then I would use the 4K monitor to view the final production. Mostly I just want a new toy!

Go for it.
49"?!How far from the monit0r are you?

Opinions requested on this deal, Refurbished $229 from New Egg​

Viotek GN30CB - LCD monitor - curved - 30" - 2560 x 1080​

In general, curved monitor for editing, plus or minus ??

Thanks

Attachments

• monitor.jpg
    monitor.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 4
I recommend 49” ultrawide plus small 24" next to it - vertical size would be the same for both, that's my setup and ultrawide is great for post work

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair