DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best power bank to charge Mavic 3 battery?

Not really.
A powerbank is versatile. You can use it for other things beyond charging your drone batteries.
A drone battery is just that, a drone battery.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
At that price, it makes more sense to buy another Mavic 3 battery.
I have 4 M3 batteries and 5 Air2S batteries + 2 M3P batteries incl. a Plus. The powerbank can charge all my devices incl phone and mirrorless etc. So for me it is needed, for convenience, even though I charge via car as well.

I have 5 batteries for the Mavic 3 and another one that DJI is currently evaluating. but when I go out I usually take a jackery 300 with me which gets me about 4-5 complete charges plus a charge on the rc-pro. That means I can fly about 10 batteries worth unless I find an outlet to charge the jackery.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have 5 batteries for the Mavic 3 and another one that DJI is currently evaluating. but when I go out I usually take a jackery 300 with me which gets me about 4-5 complete charges plus a charge on the rc-pro. That means I can fly about 10 batteries worth unless I find an outlet to charge the jackery.
A complete charge uses about 25% of my Anker 400 which has a higher capacity than the Jackery 300, when you say complete charge I take it you mean a top up? Which outlet port are you using?

I have an Ecoflow Mini for general off-grid use in our motorhome. Billy Kyle said when evaluating this device, that he could charge 15 M3 batteries from a fully-charged Ecoflow Mini. IMO the biggest benefits over the Ecoflow River series are much faster charging (of the Ecoflow itself), much higher current output (100W over USB, almost 1500W AC) and adjustable AC input power (200 to 900W to avoid tripping circuit breakers in camping areas), plus the fact that AC and solar charging is built-in, thus no separate charging bricks are required.

A complete charge uses about 25% of my Anker 400 which has a higher capacity than the Jackery 300, when you say complete charge I take it you mean a top up? Which outlet port are you using?
I rarely run my batteries down to less than 15-20% so yes I'm able to get that many charges back to 100% along with the rc-pro. I use the ac plug with the standard charger going to the hubs (I have two hubs). I'm likely going to buy another jackery just to make sure I'm fully covered when out there.

I rarely run my batteries down to less than 15-20% so yes I'm able to get that many charges back to 100% along with the rc-pro. I use the ac plug with the standard charger going to the hubs (I have two hubs). I'm likely going to buy another jackery just to make sure I'm fully covered when out there.
I'd be interested to know if your Jackery can charge the batteries via the 60W USB C, or the 12V car socket (if you happen to have a decent car adapter like the 65W DJI car charger), or if it just keeps starting and stopping like my Anker Powerhouse II 400.

I'd be interested to know if your Jackery can charge the batteries via the 60W USB C, or the 12V car socket (if you happen to have a decent car adapter like the 65W DJI car charger), or if it just keeps starting and stopping like my Anker Powerhouse II 400.
I'll give it a shot hopefully on Tuesday, next time I may be out, and let you know.

Have you tested this out yet? I’m curious to know as well
Thanks for the follow-up and sorry I didn't post up sooner. Sorry about that.
Yes, I've used the usb-c port many times and haven't had any problem but no I haven't tried the dc because I just don't have the need.

I will say that while I still have the jacker 300, I've now also gotten the eco-flow delta 2 (link-> https://amzn.to/3T5PMg1 I bought the eco-flow even though Amazon had the Jacker 300 on sale for $200 with a special deal two weeks ago. The eco-flow just charges faster, which is important to me, and lasts longer. I can go out all day and not have to worry about anything. I've also learned a few tricks about where I can charge it if I need to : ) like in libraries, construction sites, even a scoreboard lol. The jacker is nice and light so is very mobile but sometimes you just need the ability to go long.

I usually take 6 batteries with me, and have 2 of the dji charging hubs and keep my batteries in a fire-proof bag https://amzn.to/3zMEIha

Hope that helps

Reactions: jephoto
Made a surprising discovery today, the Anker's 60W USB C is able to charge my Mavic 3 batteries using the 100W charging hub which was supplied with the Mavic 3 Pro fly more combo, it charged 4 batteries and still has 23% remaining, If I'd done this via the Anker's inverted AC outlet it would have had 0% remaining.

Good to know I can now charge batteries more efficiently when travelling etc. I wonder why it doesn't charge via USB C with the 65W charging hub?

Made a surprising discovery today, the Anker's 60W USB C is able to charge my Mavic 3 batteries using the 100W charging hub which was supplied with the Mavic 3 Pro fly more combo, it charged 4 batteries and still has 23% remaining, If I'd done this via the Anker's inverted AC outlet it would have had 0% remaining.

Good to know I can now charge batteries more efficiently when travelling etc. I wonder why it doesn't charge via USB C with the 65W charging hub?
You have a link for this? I’d like to see what you’re talking about.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom