DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Range Extender

Shivmo

Reactions
Hi there!

This is my first post on this site, so please excuse any mistakes I make.

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro, and it is quite different from the Phantoms I am used to. For my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0, I purchased a cheap no-installation-required range extender, but it worked only so well, considering I live in an area densely populated with trees. For the Mavic 2 Pro, I am looking for a range extender that is able to send signal through trees and get me the 4-5 miles advertised by DJI. I am open to any sort of extender.

I did some surface research and found DroneWorld's antenna with installed Helical antenna/range extender. Has anybody bought this remote? And do I need to install anything on the drone unit itself if I already bought it from a vendor other than Drone World? Or can I just connect the new remote to the vehicle?

Thanks

Reactions: Mdubs912
Hi there!

This is my first post on this site, so please excuse any mistakes I make.

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro, and it is quite different from the Phantoms I am used to. For my Phantom 4 Pro v2.0, I purchased a cheap no-installation-required range extender, but it worked only so well, considering I live in an area densely populated with trees. For the Mavic 2 Pro, I am looking for a range extender that is able to send signal through trees and get me the 4-5 miles advertised by DJI. I am open to any sort of extender.

I did some surface research and found DroneWorld's antenna with installed Helical antenna/range extender. Has anybody bought this remote? And do I need to install anything on the drone unit itself if I already bought it from a vendor other than Drone World? Or can I just connect the new remote to the vehicle?

Thanks
Yeah me too !I'm in the same boat as your are!Any info that you may find out will be helpful. I was also considering the new 2019-Mavic 2 BOOST signal/range amplifier from Drone-World ,so I'm trying to find the pros & cons for the same signal booster for my M2Pro....

Even with amps. Can't go far threw dense trees, unless you get ant. up in the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme