DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings for video and photo? (Quality Issue)

Honestly the Mavic Air still photos are pretty average - it's a 12MP 1/2.3" sensor and even at base ISO you're going to see a noise. Basically the same sensor in a smartphone or cheap point & shoot camera. You definitely need to manage your expectations there. The 1" sensors like the Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro offer enormously better still image quality.

Also try not to pixel peep everything at 100%, as things you see there will never impact a print or web photo.

What about the quality on mavic pro? Any better thn Mavic Air?

What about the quality on mavic pro? Any better thn Mavic Air?

The original Mavic Pro is quite a bit worse, particularly for video image quality as it uses an older image processor, has a worse lens, and has a much lower bitrate.

The new Mavic 2 Pro with it's 1" sensor is miles ahead for stills and less so for video, but costs twice as much and is more than twice as large and twice the weight.

OK good timing as I did a shoot yesterday and the video was horrible and unusable. Here is the deal, It's winter here and the ground is pure white and the building I was shooting was also partly snow covered. I had the normal fixed exp and la de da settings. As I went around the building the colors washed out and the highs over saturated so I had to keep tweaking the exp in flight so I had the stair step appearance. I set the EXP to auto white to sunny and ran it again - perfect.
I know many will go nuts but this is not the first time this happened the last time was while doing some traffic surveillance for the police which started just before sun up and on auto the drone corrected for the increase in light and the police were pleased with the results.
Now during the summer when the contrast is not so extreme then fixed Exp is fine - I think we are too locked into a tunnel vision when it comes to what really is best. I think what is best is what works for you and if you can get results that work.
Also not everyone is an expert photographer most are hobbyists that just want memorable and pleasing results.

Reactions: ssvdh66

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711