DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings to extend remote range

merk

Reactions
Hi All,

I've seen some of the video transmission settings in the go app. Would any of those affect the range of the remote? Or any other settings?

I don't particularly care if the video quality displayed on my phone isn't low quality. As long as it's good enough for me to see what's going on and avoid flying into anything. Right now it seems like the range is pretty limited unless i have a perfect line of site with the drone. If i happen to fly the drone behind my house (just a simple wood frame house) i usually can't go past 1000-1500 feet before the connection starts to drop. Just wondering if there's anything i can do to extend that besides getting to a better vantage point.

Thanks

Although the custom settings in the app could help avoid interference, the most important thing is to always fly with unobstructed line of sight for optimal signal. Besides the obvious safety issues, flying behind objects such as buildings negatively impacts signal strength and quality between the RC and MP. Antenna positioning also matters so ensure the antennas are in the ideal positions.

Reactions: tracer bullet
Antenna position... They basically need to be pointing such that the flat side of the antenna is pointing towards the drone, correct?

I guess I was just hoping that a simple wooden frame house wouldn't so drastically reduce the range.

Antenna position... They basically need to be pointing such that the flat side of the antenna is pointing towards the drone, correct?

I guess I was just hoping that a simple wooden frame house wouldn't so drastically reduce the range.

Correct on the antenna positioning.

In some of my early tests, even obstruction from trees and foliage will degrade the signal enough to get the blinking strength indicator at what I thought were very short distances. I just avoid obstructions in general now to reduce the anxiety associated with the blinking indicators.

Correct on the antenna positioning.

In some of my early tests, even obstruction from trees and foliage will degrade the signal enough to get the blinking strength indicator at what I thought were very short distances. I just avoid obstructions in general now to reduce the anxiety associated with the blinking indicators.
I know that feeling :) I was hoping i could get a little more distance with some (what i consider to be) moderate obstructions. I'm going to have to build a drone launching platform on my roof :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje