DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings to start with for new Pilot

If it’s so important, you’d think they would put it in the “Preflight Checklist” (which I copied to my phone notepad and referred to before taking off).

That they didn't put it in, does not mean it's not important. The manual discusses RTH in quite a detail and it should be obvious to anyone that fully understanding RTH is the first thing every pilot should do, BEFORE even maiden flight.

Very nice. I guess you were born with all the knowledge. Way to make a newbie feel welcome here.

At least I’m here trying to learn.

No, no, I consider myself a perpetual newbie. I have this attitude in skydiving, BASE jumping, drone flying, everything - and try to always learn. But learning always starts with basics (like kids in school, first thing is learning ABCs), RTFM is such ABCs for everything.

It is always interesting to see different opinions on settings and operational preferences. Lots of variables which might affect how you want to set things up - locale, weather conditions, purpose of flight, etc.... I have started keeping a set of notes for what configurations I liked for particular purposes. Wait until you start messing with camera settings!!!!! Ask away, and try things for yourself in controlled surroundings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint