DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Tablet for Mavic Air 2: Apple iPad Mini or Samsung Tab

So I got a used ($30) 10.1" ONN Walmart tablet from Ebay today. I just rooted it and installed DJI FLY v1.16 no problem. I don't have a USB-C to Micro-USB cable so I can't see how it is going to work right now but I sure like the gigantic screen and FLY is running very smooth and fast!

Cell isn't needed for the map if you have internet through WiFi, if by map you mean map data.

However the WiFi only Apple tablets don't have GPS so the map view would be unable to show where you are, only where the AC and HP is.

Reactions: fullbore
Cell isn't needed for the map if you have internet through WiFi, if by map you mean map data.

However the WiFi only Apple tablets don't have GPS so the map view would be unable to show where you are, only where the AC and HP is.
Thanks for correction!

So I got a used ($30) 10.1" ONN Walmart tablet from Ebay today. I just rooted it and installed DJI FLY v1.16 no problem. I don't have a USB-C to Micro-USB cable so I can't see how it is going to work right now but I sure like the gigantic screen and FLY is running very smooth and fast!
How many nits of screen brightness does it have?

I've been flying my DJI Spark with a 10.1" Samsung s6 lite tablet. Works great, but the balance is a little weird between remote/tablet. My new MA2 is still in shipment and I haven't gotten to try my setup with that new remote control yet.
Having such a big screen is nice, but remember, you have to hold on to that contraption for long periods. Hopefully, it will work with my lanyard to assist with balancing. We'll see....if FedEx ever arrives. (it was due in yesterday)

UPDATE: After much research on my side and considering this is for flying and outdoor use I have chosen to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Tablet S5e. I believe after many site reviews the display is simply the best for this use and it has the required OS and supporting features such as compass, etc, etc.

Lets see in real life now. :)

UPDATE: After much research on my side and considering this is for flying and outdoor use I have chosen to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Tablet S5e. I believe after many site reviews the display is simply the best for this use and it has the required OS and supporting features such as compass, etc, etc.

Make sure your processor runs ARM at 64 bit

Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020
No compass but got it free from Rogers in Ontario with data so maps everywhere map works it has gps. Only thing is the tablet will not point to drone in maps but it tracks and shows path

Really nice size and price was right

Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020
No compass but got it free from Rogers in Ontario with data so maps everywhere map works it has gps. Only thing is the tablet will not point to drone in maps but it tracks and shows path

Really nice size and price was right

ebc4bff6d603c465faac6ba8be69b060.jpg

I'm using a $99 ONN 8" pro Walmart tablet and it works very well. It lacks an internal compass like many android tablets so the pointer doesn't work. Bigger is better for sure. I am looking for something 10" or more to replace the 8" right now. Good luck. Apple does seem to get the best app support from DJI.
I'm REALLY glad to hear that! I'm about to pull the trigger on a MA2, and that's the same tablet I have (in the 10" version). I'll be a happy camper if it works out!

Reactions: JackL

I fly the MA2 using a Samsung S5e, it does OK even out in the sun.

They released the Flymore Combo with the SC option just after my return period expired. I still haven't taken my Air 2 out of the box, even though I bought it on Dec 26. Thought about reselling it on EBay and repurchase to get the heavy discount on the smart controller, but even then the SC screen seems a bit small. Saw the video 51Drones did on the Tripltek tablet and he seemed to like it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM