DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Tablet to Purchase for M2

I started off using my iPhone7, works great but I wanted a bigger screen. Looked into the iPad Mini 4, but the new ones cost more than the 2018 (6th gen) iPads, and I had no luck finding a good condition used one. I so bought the new 9.7” iPad from Costco ($399 for the 128GB model) and it works great, love the big screen. It has the exact same CPU as my iPhone 7 so no performance issues. I’m using the MavMount to secure it to the controller. I like the balance, and the ability to set the controller down with the iPad mounted and not worry about it tipping over.
Similar setup for me. If I can’t find shade, a pad hat helpshttps://www.hoodivision.com/products-newF2D7EA97-AD18-4EE4-9ABB-090823C19D42.jpeg

Nice! Is that the Gun Metal grey color? I opted for the red, matches the leather on my RE Goggles. I'll check out that pad hat. I live in Washington state so we won't see much of the sun for another 9 months ;)

The iPad mini 4 form factor is the sweer-spot for size- a great compromise for size fitting the controller without an adaptor if required.

I had many problems with processor overload and lagging in hot weather- but the ios12 Update appears to have fixed these issues- which is great news.

In the meantime I got an iPad 2018 - screen is very reflective and a good is a must. Plus it's bulky to carry/set up. Great picture on the bigger screen though.

Reactions: Aussiepilot74
The iPad mini 4 form factor is the sweer-spot for size- a great compromise for size fitting the controller without an adaptor if required.

I had many problems with processor overload and lagging in hot weather- but the ios12 Update appears to have fixed these issues- which is great news.

In the meantime I got an iPad 2018 - screen is very reflective and a good is a must. Plus it's bulky to carry/set up. Great picture on the bigger screen though.

I'm glad to hear that. I broke down and picked up a 128GB Mini 4 w/LTE for a great price to replace my Mini 3 which was getting very long in the tooth. It was a great price so even if doesn't work out, it can turn into a great Christmas gift for one of my kids!

I have to disagree with some others on the CrystalSky. I bought a used 7.85” UHB and it is nothing short of life changing. I have struggled mightily with being able to see my iPhone or iPad with my middle-age eyes and it has made flying less than pleasant. The CS is incredibly awesome, works flawlessly and the only overheating I have seen was when I had other apps open in the background. It has made flying fun again. I highly recommend it. The only thing that could be better would be an iPad with 2000 nits.

I have to disagree with some others on the CrystalSky. I bought a used 7.85” UHB and it is nothing short of life changing. I have struggled mightily with being able to see my iPhone or iPad with my middle-age eyes and it has made flying less than pleasant. The CS is incredibly awesome, works flawlessly and the only overheating I have seen was when I had other apps open in the background. It has made flying fun again. I highly recommend it. The only thing that could be better would be an iPad with 2000 nits.

I didn't think the CS supported the M2 yet?

I’ve heard that the iPhone X hasn’t worked too well either.
I think you heard wrong... The 10 is working perfectly for me.

Wasn’t sure how it would go as I fly phantoms with the IPad as I thought it might be a little small but it’s not- for me anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada