DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Tablet to Purchase for M2

Ogfromda843

Reactions
Hey everyone, so I'm trying to decide on what tablet I should get for M2P. I have an iPad mini 2 but it's glitchy, so I'm currently using my phone. Should I go for an iPad Pro, Crustal Sky, or an Android Tablet like the Samsung Galaxy tablet? Any suggestions would be great! While Im not having any issues with my phone, I want a bigger screen!!

Thanks

Hey everyone, so I'm trying to decide on what tablet I should get for M2P. I have an iPad mini 2 but it's glitchy, so I'm currently using my phone. Should I go for an iPad Pro, Crustal Sky, or an Android Tablet like the Samsung Galaxy tablet? Any suggestions would be great! While Im not having any issues with my phone, I want a bigger screen!!
If you are looking for something with an Android flavour, you can't do better than the Huawei M3 or M5.
They run the app perfectly and are priced well.
They come in 8" and 10" versions.

Reactions: Ogfromda843
Not the crystal sky, which is mental expensive, hard to mount, overheats at the drop of a hat, and suffers constant connection problems in about 50% of cases. It's a shame, because it's brighter than anything else available, but IMHO that's where its good points start and end :/

If you are looking for something with an Android flavour, you can't do better than the Huawei M3 or M5.
They run the app perfectly and are priced well.
They come in 8" and 10" versions.

Have you used The Huawei on the M2P? If you had to choose between an ipai pro or Huawei, which would you prefer, given price isn't an issue?

Have you used The Huawei on the M2P? If you had to choose between an ipai pro or Huawei, which would you prefer, given price isn't an issue?
I've flown both with a Phantom, but they use the same app.
Apple users love their iPads but I'm not an Apple person so I'd stick with the Huawei.
It's a flawless performer.
Perhaps there are others that can match it but it's hard to imagine anything could be better.

I am not an Apple person either but I am using a iPad 2018 with excellent results so far. The price was not that different.

Reactions: JethroXP
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 tablet to give it a try. It works incredible so far! It's It's Also very convenient to edit the photos on the go like I need to. It isn't the cheapest tablet in the world, but so far it works great!

What are you using to mount the mini tablets to the mavic 2 controller. I saw an adapter somewhere, but can't find now. I've been using the Galaxy s4 and ipad mini on my phantoms.

What are you using to mount the mini tablets to the mavic 2 controller. I saw an adapter somewhere, but can't find now. I've been using the Galaxy s4 and ipad mini on my phantoms.
You shouldn't need a mount for a iPad Mini, you you, you can stretch out the legs of the controller and it will actually fit just fine. You just have to use the center USB port, not the side.

I don’t know why Apple hasn’t updated the mini. It was my choice for a long time, perfect size for Mavic 1 or 2!

i have an ipad mini 4 and it works perfectly and fits the controller. i had to buy an angled lightning cable because the regular cable gets in the way. i also have dji goggles which are by far the best way to fly. you still need a device connected to the controller but just for the settings otherwise it will be flight restricted.

I have an iPad mini 4 which works fine... until the ambient temps rise above 90ºF. Then it I will get CPU error messages and the video feed becomes glitchy.. You can search forums about this issue.
The processor is becoming outdated for the bloated djigo 4 app and Litchi is laggy with it. For me anyways.
I used it solely for the Mavic. Followed all the tips to make it perform better. It's too bad because I loved the form factor.

I ended getting an iPad 2018 128gb 9.7 model. It works great although a bit hard to see the display in sunlight so I try to find a shady spot or use a hood.

I started off using my iPhone7, works great but I wanted a bigger screen. Looked into the iPad Mini 4, but the new ones cost more than the 2018 (6th gen) iPads, and I had no luck finding a good condition used one. I so bought the new 9.7” iPad from Costco ($399 for the 128GB model) and it works great, love the big screen. It has the exact same CPU as my iPhone 7 so no performance issues. I’m using the MavMount to secure it to the controller. I like the balance, and the ability to set the controller down with the iPad mounted and not worry about it tipping over.

Reactions: Fplvert

Thanks
Best right now for Mavic 2...Ipad mini 4.....I own 3 crystalsky monitors.....the firmware is not out to make them compatible.....just crazy!!! DJI is *** backwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead