DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best time to buy a MP price wise?

rabidhyena

Reactions
Hi,
Just wondered if any of those who regularly shop drones have any experience in price curves.
I was thinking about getting my replacement and just wondered when the price is likely to bottom out in relation to new products being released.
I can get one for about £730 now ( at start they were over £1000).
Is it the right time to buy now?
I also noticed you can get a platinum for about £800.
I wonder if that would be an upgrade treat worth having? Does the platinum have the same firmwares as a pro?
Cheers

New?

In the UK?

Where's that mate? The standard MP is £900 quid in Argos :eek:

I'd buy it now if you cant wait. That's a good price and Amazon have great customer service should you encounter any problems.

Reactions: dewster
I got a mavic pro refurb at its lowest price which was right when the pro v2 2.0 came out. I got it for 660 which was a steal. My drone looked brand new

Amazon is doing it for 730

Be careful there mate...

Amazon aren't doing it for £730, some random seller called BUYUR is doing it for £730, via the Amazon web site. Dig a little deeper and you'll see 'buyur' is also using a mail forwarding / virtual office address, they don't actually exist at that Park View Business Centre at all.

Caveat emptor...

The MP prices have been going down and back up for no apparent reason. It seems some sellers just decide to put them on sale at times. Wherever you decide to buy, it would be best to only buy from an authorized DJI dealer.

Reactions: Astrix and ksmusa
Reactions: aokusman
I'd just buy it now (if you can afford it, obviously).
Sure, in two years it might be amazingly cheap but then, it will be two years that you haven't had it.

You can guarantee the day after you buy it, you will see it cheaper but if you think like that, you'll never end up buying anything and will always be waiting as it may go even cheaper than that.

Buy it when you can , enjoy it and don't get too bothered when you see it go cheaper further down the line.

Reactions: LongRifle
That was a joke.
Prices are only going in one direction. If you wait 2 years you can have it very inexpensively.
I don't think you'll ever buy one very inexpensively. Prices don't drop forever. They generally drop a bit after the next model comes out and then settle... Look at the P3 Standard as an example. However, if you are patient and vigilant there are some great deals available on occasion, from actual authorized sellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka