DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

markvr123

Reactions
Hi All. I'm looking for avice here.....can anyone recommend good, easy to use and cheap(free) video editing software? I am new to drone flying and am keen to start my own editing. Many thanks.

There are lots of thread regarding this... but ok. I'll give you my story and opinion...

I started flying in late June, having never (successfuly) edited digital video before. Ground zero. I tried a few different of the simpler programs and really didn't get anywhere. I was thinking about Premier Pro, but I hate Adobe's "perpetual software rental" scheme with stacked fees. I can't remember how I got turned onto it, but someone recommended Davinci Resolve and favorably compared with Premier Pro and Apples Final Cut Pro... and Davinci was FREE [whahht????] ! I don't even want to know how they do it.

There are TONS of tutorials on Davinci Resolve. Their are tons of 3rd party add-ons, filters, LUTs that can be added into Davinci, many for free as well. Something that few folks will tell you, that you should already know based on any other program you use: There is a learning curve with any program as to which tools exist, how to access them and how they are best used. I have found that the basics of Davinci Resolve are no more difficult to learn than any other editing program, even the simple ones.

Here is a link to the second project that I completed a few weeks ago. This one went through many revisions as I learned more and more as I went along. I went from knowing nothing to basic editing, and now have some color grading experience. I haven't done anything in Fusion yet, but winter will be here soon and I'll tackle that then, but I understand what it can do. The cool thing is that you don't have to swallow the whole enchilada at once. IMO if you really want to do video editing now or some time in the future and starting from square one, look no further.
Vindibona's 2nd project

JMO

Great looking shots...on an amazing structure. Really nice job.

Did you need authorization to fly around the church? It looks like you were close enough for warning bells and whistles to start sounding.

Does Davinci Resolve go by another name in the App Store, can’t seem to locate the free version?

Last edited:
Great looking shots...on an amazing structure. Really nice job.

Did you need authorization to fly around the church? It looks like you were close enough for warning bells and whistles to start sounding.

Does Davinci Resolve go by another name in the App Store, can’t seem to locate the free version?

Davinci Resolve isn’t available anywhere other than a pc. Download it straight from the blackmagicdesign website. The paid version is called Davinci resolve studio, the free version is just Davinci resolve.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Davinci Resolve isn’t available anywhere other than a pc. Download it straight from the blackmagicdesign website. The paid version is called Davinci resolve studio, the free version is just Davinci resolve.
Found it, thanks for the help. Looking forward to learning how to use it.

Reactions: nhgill960
Hi All. I'm looking for avice here.....can anyone recommend good, easy to use and cheap(free) video editing software? I am new to drone flying and am keen to start my own editing. Many thanks.
Always search the forum. There are numerous articles on video editing apps. Let’s keep the database organized to make it easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan