DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best video mode for mavic 2 pro

Reactions
Hey! New to the drone community , I only have taken a dozen quick flights and was wondering what you guys would recommend for the best video mode .

I’m flying strictly in the mountains with no cellular service, what would give me the best quality content ?

Thanks!
Safe flying !

CL

All the modes are good. A lot depends on your computer equipment and the editing program you're using for post. What will give you the POTENTIAL for the best quality video is H 265 D-Log. That mode will require post production editing as the imaging is very flat, so needs contrast and color to your taste. The advantage is that you can milk a lot more information out of it and it can even cover some minor exposure errors. H265 requires a pretty healthy computer to process the files efficiently. I think you will be happy with the standard normal mode if you don't want to maniuplate it very much.

Hey! New to the drone community , I only have taken a dozen quick flights and was wondering what you guys would recommend for the best video mode .

I’m flying strictly in the mountains with no cellular service, what would give me the best quality content ?

Thanks!
Safe flying !

CL

Reactions: pelagic_one
What about best video quality with little to no editing ? ? I’m pretty new to this , and don’t have a good laptop , maybe better If i just keep it in auto . It’s still good.
I hope as I get more experience I will start to get into the editing part of it .

Thanks!

CL

What about best video quality with little to no editing ? ? I’m pretty new to this , and don’t have a good laptop , maybe better If i just keep it in auto . It’s still good.
I hope as I get more experience I will start to get into the editing part of it .

Thanks!

CL
I recommend saving photo a jpeg and RAW (DNG). Doesn’t take long to learn settings and use of 4K... looks great on my 80” TV

Thanks!

CL
You have a new drone, so you want to have fun now. To do that, do not pick the advanced video recording modes, and in fact do not select the higher resolution. Do normal video/color mode @ 1080p and they will play just fine and you will be amazed.

Editing for later: it's not just that you may want to record the higher quality modes and therefore will need a stronger computer for those tasks, but also because you want to edit for style / video composure, cut at the bad stuff (where flying was uneven), use only small snippets (10 seconds or less to keep from boring the viewer), and to add music. etc.

Chris

You have a new drone, so you want to have fun now. To do that, do not pick the advanced video recording modes, and in fact do not select the higher resolution. Do normal video/color mode @ 1080p and they will play just fine and you will be amazed.

Editing for later: it's not just that you may want to record the higher quality modes and therefore will need a stronger computer for those tasks, but also because you want to edit for style / video composure, cut at the bad stuff (where flying was uneven), use only small snippets (10 seconds or less to keep from boring the viewer), and to add music. etc.

Chris

Totally bro thanks !
That’s what I have it in now and it’s great.

Thanks!
Safe flying !

CL
For all questions regarding settings, I rely on Vic Video Pic Here is the link. The best teacher on You Tube as far as I am concerned.
VIC VideopIC VIC VideopIC

Reactions: Critterlocator
than shooting video. That is unless you want to help viewers go to sleep. ☺
What about best video quality with little to no editing ? ?
You should plan to spend 3x more time editing than shooting video. That is unless you want to help viewers go to sleep. ☺

than shooting video. That is unless you want to help viewers go to sleep. ☺

You should plan to spend 3x more time editing than shooting video. That is unless you want to help viewers go to sleep. ☺
"You should plan to spend 3x more time editing than shooting video. "... or (much) more.

I have not yet done a project where I didn't have a subsequent re-edited version, which included re-editing of the re-edits. Once I get the big things in order, as the project gets better more small annyoing things pop up that need addressing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy