DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to save videos while travelling

RPSM

Reactions
I’m looking to travel to Fiji in December with my Mavic Air but without a laptop. What’s the best way of backing up video off the SD to reduce risk? I’m considering just bringing half a dozen SD cards, as it’s cheaper than an SD capable external drive. Any other suggestions? I have an iPhone and iPad as well but not sure how well import works.

I have a small netbook I take with me when I travel. Nightly download from Still camera, movie camera and UAV to the netbook. When I have decent WIFI I upload from the netbook to my home NAS which I leave running with a UPS.

Never lost anything.

I’m looking to travel to Fiji in December with my Mavic Air but without a laptop. What’s the best way of backing up video off the SD to reduce risk? I’m considering just bringing half a dozen SD cards, as it’s cheaper than an SD capable external drive. Any other suggestions? I have an iPhone and iPad as well but not sure how well import works.
I always transfer the video to my iPad 2018 and it works with no problems. I use the cable between the MA & the iPad via an Apple USB to lightning connector adapter. If you get good WiFi you could also copy them to your iCloud account, but this does take some time!

I have a WD My Passport Wireless Pro. It has a built in SD card slot with a one touch copy feature. It also has support with apps like LumaFusion and Filmic Pro, if you happen to use any of those.

Attachments

• CD2E08C3-4508-4C57-BE37-10C3214A24EA.png
    CD2E08C3-4508-4C57-BE37-10C3214A24EA.png
    898.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: RTKD
I have a WD My Passport Wireless Pro. It has a built in SD card slot with a one touch copy feature. It also has support with apps like LumaFusion and Filmic Pro, if you happen to use any of those.
Had any problems with this? The reviews on Amazon (UK) are not very good!

Had any problems with this? The reviews on Amazon (UK) are not very good!
Nope, it’s been flawless so far. I got it with CC points and had they had the SSD version, I probably would have gone for that. It can take some time to copy depending on how much and how big the files are, but I highly recommend one. It can also double as a power bank in a pinch.

Nope, it’s been flawless so far. I got it with CC points and had they had the SSD version, I probably would have gone for that. It can take some time to copy depending on how much and how big the files are, but I highly recommend one. It can also double as a power bank in a pinch.
Ok, so based on your recommendation I’ve just ordered one

Ok, so based on your recommendation I’ve just ordered one

How was this recommendation?
Does it work as expected?

Stumbled across this thread from Google; currently the WD MyPassport Pro looks to be the best option my research has shown me. It is however rather pricey...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N