DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best way to transport / carry?

To keep with the small format of being the mini I went with the DJI Mavic Mini Bag

Fits the contents of the Fly More Combo in a much smaller footprint. Thought it may not offer the protection it needs but been using it for 7-8 months now and it works for me.

As wonderful as DJI drone designs are, their accessories and peripherlals could use some additional thought. As I read about the Mini's Fly More case to be a little tight the same can be said for the Fly More case for the Mavic 2 Pro. Yet the Fly More case from the M2P accomodates the Mini perfectly, complete with controller, batteries, gimblal hood, range extenders and everything you'd need short of chargers. I'm not so sure why DJI couldn't design bags with a little more breathing room. I guess Naugas in China are an endagered species, thus the conservation of Nauga hides.

Another option is this $16 case from Amazon. It's so small it easily fits in a backpack. But if you need more protection and waterproof you can also buy an Apache 2800 (from Harbor Freight Tools) for $22 and the innards from the amazon case fits perfectly in the Apache hard case and leaves enough space for everything else you need... plus a sandwich for lunch :). The 2800 is also just small enough that I can get it in my backpack if I don't want to carry it with the handle.

View attachment 110093
I did the 2800 case from Harbor Freight (-20% coupon) and it is almost as good as a Pelican case and not to heavy to fit into...Drone Hard Case 9.3_edited.jpg my small backpack. Fits all except prop guard. Great idea thanks!

I did the 2800 case from Harbor Freight (-20% coupon) and it is almost as good as a Pelican case and not to heavy to fit into...View attachment 112298 my small backpack. Fits all except prop guard. Great idea thanks!
I had the 2800 case initially, but I realized that if I got some extra foam I could put both the Mini and the MP in the 3800. Yeah, I could fit the 2800 in my backpack, but if I'm going that route the smaller Mini case works better. But you're right, it's almost as good as the Pelican case. I have had a large Pelican case for many years that I have three studio strobe light packed in. I suspect these will hold up as well. The thing that blows my mind is that if you want to buy foam for some customization it costs as much or more than the case!

I had the 2800 case initially, but I realized that if I got some extra foam I could put both the Mini and the MP in the 3800. Yeah, I could fit the 2800 in my backpack, but if I'm going that route the smaller Mini case works better. But you're right, it's almost as good as the Pelican case. I have had a large Pelican case for many years that I have three studio strobe light packed in. I suspect these will hold up as well. The thing that blows my mind is that if you want to buy foam for some customization it costs as much or more than the case!
I Bet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki