DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Better app than Academy?

Gmgfarrand

Reactions
Ok, so my daughter wants to try my Mavic (hell no)
I was thinking of having her try the academy but its just a plain field and no obstacles or FPV.
Can someone recommend an app/Game for her to try to get a feel for it?

There are no other simulators that'll allow you to fly a Mavic Air.

How about an inexpensive mini drone like the Potensic A20? They can take a licking and keep on ticking.

Potensic.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
I have something similar, just don't need it careening into TV/Ceiling fan/little sisters face....I saw some apps/games that were drone related, not DJI specific, just didn't know if anyone had any experience with them.
Local Hobby Shop had a simulator running on a PC hooked to a $500+ controller... yeah, no...

Reactions: mad monkey
9 (below the recommended age for any toy drone so stow it) ;)
I forgot all about tripod mode....

I let my 7 years old son to try my MA in an open field and it was totally fine. Of course I limited the distance and altitude to the minimum possible (I think is 20 meters high and 15 meters distance). He really enjoyed as I did

Thats what I was thinking and maybe further limit the max alt, AND do tripod mode until she got the hang of it.
I don't think Tripod (or any other) mode is available in Beginner mode, but it's been a while and I could be wrong. Beginner mode does limit the max height and distance to 30m and cuts the speed in half.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada