Join Us Now

between the two gps trackers not sure which one

droneuser

Reactions
Hi

after all my research it comes down to two gps trackers here are the links

both of these gps trackers can do cell/wifi/Bluetooth
smile.gif
which is cool cause if there is no cell service at least you have wifi or Bluetooth :)

https://store.trackimo.com/produ ... tracker-cat-tracker

This one is nice and small and cheaper BUT only 2g cell which over time many not work
sad.gif

https://store.trackimo.com/colle ... cker-attachment-kit

This one is 3G but bigger and more money :(

also yes I know dji has the find me mode BUT what good is that if your drone loose GPS? or you loose connection to your drone and it drifts from the last known gps

so this is why I think a gps is a good thing to have! no drone no dji refresh
sad.gif

So any input would be great

Thanks

Reactions: Soarmax
Looks to me that the G3 Drone Tracker is the complete package for tracking drones. If you’re really concerned about finding a lost drone I think that would be the one to get.

yes that is what I am thinking to I don't think the weight would be an issue. if anyone has any input on the weight let me know :)

Or, just buy insurance. The cost of GPS service costs as much as insurance, and a homeowner needs not give you access to their property if it falls on it.

yes that thought also cross my mind I am waiting to hear back from my ins company to see what they say :)

open up their app and there it is done with map and sat view done :) don't have to drive to that area and walk around with a meter to try to find it and if I cant see it when iam there then uses wifi or Bluetooth function to help :)

Last edited:
My Marco Polo let me find the Mavic a few weeks ago. It was nearly a mile away and under a large bush. Not visible while walking around. With its separate receiver it doesn’t use cell or GPS. No monthly charges. I did a post a month or so ago about mounting it.

do you have a link to that post?

Thanks

Ping
They should be out for us real real soon

Where did you get that other bracket from? the gray one?

yes I am back and forth on that one or GPS one lol

I have cell service where I fly BUT as you know I am sure its not 100 percent every inch I fly I have been watching some you tube videos on both of them :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153