DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of knock off ND filters..

Not so far. Been using them for a few months now. I always install or remove them while the quad is powered down.
I never putt off the filter, it always installed on camera, i use uv filter, and make it as camera lens protectiv from scratch

Reactions: Daptone
Interesting. I just bought a Sunnylife ND8 for my MP but have yet to fit it without getting the Gimbal Overload warning. This surprises me as the filter does not seem to be heavy and I would have thought that air loads on the gimbal in flight would have a greater effect than the weight of the filter. I have messaged the supplier for advice and will post any positive reply. Meanwhile, I am flying without.
I got some sunnylifes too. Put them on as instructed.(using Clamp) Overload! It's the size of the fitting.The outer edge of the filter catches on the edge of the Gimbal whilst calibrating/centreing. It gets stuck, so cant complete its centreing process.

after a long hike I thought I was able to relax and take my drone for a spin at glider's point(southern California), boy it all went down hill..took it out from my bag. I had the 'knock off' filter on them. While at home a few days back, I already had issues first time putting it on MUI not initilizing, but my idiot self thought it could work, a put a little pressure on the gimbal to put on, after a couple tries, well it did initialize. everything was good right? well no, got the notorious gimbal overload error first thing out in the field...

I'm always careful carrying my drone, never a had a crash. I only take it out from my room if I feel like using them..

So we all know the deal with gimbal overload error. I think I've pretty much watched all the videos on YT that may fix it without dissecting it from inside out (replacing the ribbon cable)..the 90 degrees temp fix does work but haven't tried it in action. I heard their all this random errors will show up so I'm having second thoughts if I should even try it out...

Already bought the replacement ribbon from amazon coming in 2 days, already got the necessary tools to take it apart. Mixed with excitement and worries that I might forget a step or two. Just got to be extra careful!

Wish me luck! I'll post an update after a week or so.

oh the filters I got from amazon. Don't let the reviews deceive you..
going cheap served me right..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZVK8B2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fell free to suggest nd filters that you're using and assures that will NOT break the very precious sensitive gimbal..
Polar Pro is the way to go!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming