DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware purchasing the Mavic directly from DJI

Bought mine at the Apple Store...actually had a problem with the gimbal right out of the box. Long story short, I took it in and was out of there with a new when in less then five minutes

I did also cancelled my order directly from DJI as I know not to trust directly to Chinese companies as they do not abide by our consumer laws.
Better buy it from JB Hi fi or another local retailer.

I did also cancelled my order directly from DJI as I know not to trust directly to Chinese companies as they do not abide by our consumer laws.
Better buy it from JB Hi fi or another local retailer.

You do realise that dji is actually a Chinese company and they manufacture and assemble this in china right?

You do realise that dji is actually a Chinese company and they manufacture and assemble this in china right?

Of course, never trust them directly.
Trust a local retailed that can abide by our consumer laws.

Always but from a trusted seller, either online or at a store. I hear Costco has the best return policy, but retailers are getting smart about drone returns so not sure what they do.

Usually even buying from parallel importers, consumers are still covered by the lemon law, so as a consumer we still have our rights regarding returns and exchanges :)

Ordered mine from a photo shop in NY off fleabay..$1268, fly more...3 batteries, extra props, filters, alum. case, landing pad, whole bunch of other accessories to boot, plus free 2 day FedEx. Sound reasonable?

Some people object to having to pay sales tax if purchased at a big box store, but sometimes the great customer service is worth it.
Some people object to having to pay sales tax if purchased at a big box store, but sometimes the great customer service is worth it.

Agreed. I bought my Mavic at BestBuy, and paid sales tax. A few weeks later my downward sensors malfunctioned, sending my drone on an ascent until I initiated a full stick-down landing. Took it in, and not ten minutes later I walked out with a new Mavic that does not exhibit the same problem. Also, if you are ElitePlus BestBuy gives you a 45-day return policy. Costco sells the Mavic, and also has a very easy return policy.
I would never buy direct from DJI.

Reactions: Former Member
Now I have to decide. Buy for $999 (Best Buy) and have it this weekend or place an order for $948 (walmart website) and get it next week.

Now I have to decide. Buy for $999 (Best Buy) and have it this weekend or place an order for $948 (walmart website) and get it next week.
B&H Photo is selling them for $889, not sales tax outside a couple of unusually-greedy states: DJI Mavic Pro (Standard Bundle) B&H Photo Video
That would save me more than enough for two extra batteries, compared to paying $999 plus sales tax. A no-brainer IMHO.

NOTE: this sale ends TODAY, Aug 3rd at midnight Eastern time and they're backordered. I reported this sale on MP a couple of days ago - I'm sure others will follow suit; it's discount time for Mavic, finally.

Does WalMart allow pickup in-store? Might be faster than waiting for them to ship it.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for most of my mavic money to he released by PayPal. Walmart does not carry them in store having it sent site to store is $20 more. I unload the trucks there and I have seen how they load them. It's horrible.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for most of my mavic money to he released by PayPal. Walmart does not carry them in store having it sent site to store is $20 more. I unload the trucks there and I have seen how they load them. It's horrible.
Once you get your funds rounded up, if you can be patient I guarantee that B&H won't be the last good deal on a Mavic.
I understand geek lust, but if you can find something else to occupy your waiting time you'll save some real money.

I guess I must be in the minority, bought from DJI, with educational discount, they paid Canadian taxes and had it within 10 days. Never had a single problem and it was, and remains on 0.400 firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986