DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big change in the way the DJI Mavic Air 2 TURNS in flight - firmware 1.00.0340

Congratulations. First time anyone has properly analyzed the change as a result of the update. Personally I prefer the previous way the MA2 flew but I’m starting to get used to the new in my freestyle flying. This is good information in spite of some being smart in their remarks. A switch would be nice.

Reactions: EmsAir
Thanks for this...I'm looking forward to the day when I can use this mode in a smooth way to shoot meandering valleys and creek beds.
I tried it for the 1st time the other day in an open parking lot and learned I have a lot of practice time ahead of me ?

Congratulations. First time anyone has properly analyzed the change as a result of the update. Personally I prefer the previous way the MA2 flew but I’m starting to get used to the new in my freestyle flying. This is good information in spite of some being smart in their remarks. A switch would be nice.

How are you flying freestyle with the MA2 when it doesn't do rolls/flips?

Coordinated turn is best and it depends on the right amount of roll and yaw input. If I did not get this right on my early drones the gimbal would roll, ie horizon would tilt. Gimbal tuning is much better on today's drones but it can still happen a bit. I have always wanted a slip indicator in the app to help with coordinated turns.

Interesting I wondered when DJ I was going to do that.
Scrub to eight minutes to find out what he’s really talking about and skip the blah blah blah.
I hate informative videos with lots of blah blah before getting to the point.

I don't understand why anyone would bash someone else's free video...why not just skip thru the video until u find the info ur looking forward instead of taking the time to compain here about the part u found uninteresting or how many times they use a term...sheesh

I prefer to separate airplanes and drones. I already know what it looks like from a plane with all it's limitations for photography.
I have always wanted a slip indicator in the app to help with coordinated turns.
I get ya....seat of the pants doesn't exactly work with RC or drones ..does it.. ;)

I noticed that when I was out the other day. I was doing a slow "yaw turn" when I noticed Selah was banking. "That's interesting," thought I. She got the shot I was after.

Reactions: Chris Mitchell
I don't understand why anyone would bash someone else's free video...why not just skip thru the video until u find the info ur looking forward instead of taking the time to compain here about the part u found uninteresting or how many times they use a term...sheesh
Because you can't know where to skip to without watching through unless someone else told you where the blah blah is.

Cut to the chase in the beginning, then afterwards plead to subscribe and review/preview past/future videos.

Because you can't know where to skip to without watching through unless someone else told you where the blah blah is.

Sure you can...just hit the right button and YT vids jump ahead 5 seconds...or click somewhere in the timeline and listen for a second.
Like Chris said, point us to an informative video you made to show everyone how it should be done.

Here you go! Just append the syntax of "?#m#s" without the quotes to the end of the shared YT link, where "m" is minutes and "s" is seconds where you want to video to start playing! Alternatively, append ":###" without the quotes to the end of the YT link on this server, where ### represents the seconds into the video where you want it to start. Easy peasy! 7:51 becomes 471

Last edited:
Reactions: Prismatic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_