DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird attacks

Never said “gun”

Just a pop cap. No barrel.
Only a chamber, firing pin, set up.
Not possible to shoot anything with this, it is only a noise maker.
But how would the drone handle it?
OH sorry, I thought (or more correctly didn't think) a pop cap was refering to the blank cartridge.

I hade had a seagull dive on my Chearson cx10. Hit the top and flipped it upside down, then ot drove its self into the ground. After that I got a p3s and my out now is always up.

I just went to Titans website and can't find anything there on holographic skins?

Hey Clovis09,
I just emailed the owner to see if he has any more of the Holographic skins in stock. Hopefully he does and I will give you his information. When you do a Google search try using the words Iredecent, holographic, or color changing. I should make a video of my Mavic in flight so you can see how cool it looks with the shift in colors. Sorry for not giving you a link to just buy it...

I see a lot of vinyards that have this metalic reflective ribbon tape that dangles from poles throughout the field. I guess the glints of light scare the birds away.

Oh, please...I thought that drones were apolitical. I suggest that you get out and fly.....which will put your mind on higher things.

Yes, flashing (red-silver) tape seems to work fine in vineyards for keeping hungry birds away….but...….nothing is perfect.....propane cannons also seem to work....I suppose a handy shotgun might make it more 'real' for the birds.

I've never seen a bird collide with another bird. Seems unlikely that one would hit a drone....

It isn't a COLLIDE incident, it is an ATTACK incident.
Have you seen Finches attacking Crows? Same deal.

I have had more than one incident of pigeons flying after, buzzing, or circling my MA. Probably to shoo away what they think is another type of bird from a roosting location.

I just return home and don't try to mess with them. Not worth a $1k loss.

Hey Clovis09,
I just emailed the owner to see if he has any more of the Holographic skins in stock. Hopefully he does and I will give you his information. When you do a Google search try using the words Iredecent, holographic, or color changing. I should make a video of my Mavic in flight so you can see how cool it looks with the shift in colors. Sorry for not giving you a link to just buy it...
Hi, do they sell the same kind of skin for a Mavic 2 Pro? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the net.

I fly an MPP for local government. My county Commissioners asked me to fly around the local courthouse to see if it would scare the pigeons that nest/roost on the building. At first, while flying dangerously close to the building, it did pay off as the birds quickly scattered. However, during a subsequent flight, they scattered at first, then flocked together and began to circle closer and closer to my bird, not unlike the picture that the previous poster posted (quite a nice pic btw). Knowing an impact was imminent, I had to take evasive maneuvers, taking her straight up, as advised here in other threads, then quickly brought her home. I told the Commissioners to try something other than a drone to scare the birds away, as I'm sure that my Agency would not be as quick to cough another grand to replace her.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929