DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird attacks

Never said “gun”

Just a pop cap. No barrel.
Only a chamber, firing pin, set up.
Not possible to shoot anything with this, it is only a noise maker.
But how would the drone handle it?
OH sorry, I thought (or more correctly didn't think) a pop cap was refering to the blank cartridge.

I hade had a seagull dive on my Chearson cx10. Hit the top and flipped it upside down, then ot drove its self into the ground. After that I got a p3s and my out now is always up.

I just went to Titans website and can't find anything there on holographic skins?

Hey Clovis09,
I just emailed the owner to see if he has any more of the Holographic skins in stock. Hopefully he does and I will give you his information. When you do a Google search try using the words Iredecent, holographic, or color changing. I should make a video of my Mavic in flight so you can see how cool it looks with the shift in colors. Sorry for not giving you a link to just buy it...

I see a lot of vinyards that have this metalic reflective ribbon tape that dangles from poles throughout the field. I guess the glints of light scare the birds away.

Oh, please...I thought that drones were apolitical. I suggest that you get out and fly.....which will put your mind on higher things.

Yes, flashing (red-silver) tape seems to work fine in vineyards for keeping hungry birds away….but...….nothing is perfect.....propane cannons also seem to work....I suppose a handy shotgun might make it more 'real' for the birds.

I've never seen a bird collide with another bird. Seems unlikely that one would hit a drone....

It isn't a COLLIDE incident, it is an ATTACK incident.
Have you seen Finches attacking Crows? Same deal.

I have had more than one incident of pigeons flying after, buzzing, or circling my MA. Probably to shoo away what they think is another type of bird from a roosting location.

I just return home and don't try to mess with them. Not worth a $1k loss.

Hey Clovis09,
I just emailed the owner to see if he has any more of the Holographic skins in stock. Hopefully he does and I will give you his information. When you do a Google search try using the words Iredecent, holographic, or color changing. I should make a video of my Mavic in flight so you can see how cool it looks with the shift in colors. Sorry for not giving you a link to just buy it...
Hi, do they sell the same kind of skin for a Mavic 2 Pro? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on the net.

I fly an MPP for local government. My county Commissioners asked me to fly around the local courthouse to see if it would scare the pigeons that nest/roost on the building. At first, while flying dangerously close to the building, it did pay off as the birds quickly scattered. However, during a subsequent flight, they scattered at first, then flocked together and began to circle closer and closer to my bird, not unlike the picture that the previous poster posted (quite a nice pic btw). Knowing an impact was imminent, I had to take evasive maneuvers, taking her straight up, as advised here in other threads, then quickly brought her home. I told the Commissioners to try something other than a drone to scare the birds away, as I'm sure that my Agency would not be as quick to cough another grand to replace her.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki