DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds

A good point has thus far been missed. An effective skin is my first line of defence and my quad never took the air before it was installed. The direct result is that I've had plenty of interest among hawks and eagles but as soon as they get close enough they realize it's nothing to be concerned about and continue on their way. No aggressive behaviour has thus far been displayed.

I was flying today in the Andes and had a large Peregrine Falcon take a high speed pass directly overhead as I was coming in to land. This is the recurring response. Bottom line? Skin your bird with a pattern/colour which does not resemble prey.
I read somewhere that the color yellow keep the birds away... Not sure if it's true.

I have had 2 different occasions this past week, where two hawks flew directly over, circled it for a few minutes then went on their way. They were interested until they got a good look. Mine in skinned in neon green.

I have had 2 different occasions this past week, where two hawks flew directly over, circled it for a few minutes then went on their way. They were interested until they got a good look. Mine in skinned in neon green.
I have mine with a military camo skin and a flashing light on top of it. Never have issues with birds.

No general answer to your question. Some bird species are very territorial. They will attack any other bird in their "space". Including yours if it's there. Raptor's are not only territorial, but they are predatory. They will attack both defensively AND offensively. During breeding season, males of many species become extremely aggressive. During brooding season, certain species also can become very protective in an aggressive way. So, there you have it. It all depends on which bird you might come across. I've been approached aggressively by many species of hawks and falcons. Never hit yet, but close. My action now is simple. If I see any raptor in the air near me, I land. They are just too unpredictable to mess with.

Reactions: Prismatic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech