DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bit of advice please - Phone disconnected mid flight

@Asus27 I make the following post because the DAT ON THE DRONE will record the EVERYTHING from drone switch on to drone switch off, thus it will have a record of what happened during the 'disconnection'.

Unless things have changed since the following thread was active it seems the DAT from the Mavic Pro DRONE might be readable,
see

Since that will cover the entire flight it might provide some useful information.
@Asus27 you would need to download and instal DJI Assistant 2
on your computer and then connect the drone to the computer via USB etc to access the correct DAT and download it to your computer then upload it to here.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Doesn't seem to be finding the drone. Still stuck on the animation page. Tried the usual of another cable, updated drivers but still no joy.

I'll have another look when I can đź‘Ť

I had this exact problem in my learning days of drone flight with a Mavic Mini. It was very frustrating. In my case, I ultimately traced it to a dirty lightning connector into the iPhone. I now have cleaning tools and a NEW spare cable with me whenever I fly.

In the cases where I lost the phone screen completely, I was still able to maintain full control of the drone and could easily initiate a RTH. But it's a freaky thing when you're new and your drone is just a teeny dot in the sky.

I had this exact problem in my learning days of drone flight with a Mavic Mini. It was very frustrating. In my case, I ultimately traced it to a dirty lightning connector into the iPhone. I now have cleaning tools and a NEW spare cable with me whenever I fly.

In the cases where I lost the phone screen completely, I was still able to maintain full control of the drone and could easily initiate a RTH. But it's a freaky thing when you're new and your drone is just a teeny dot in the sky.
Yeah I'm just hoping it something like that. Had my S22 ultra for a few years now so maybe a good time to invest in a cleaning kit.

I know what you mean about the dot in the sky, was scary with it being at night knowing I can't just go out and grab it lol

Doesn't seem to be finding the drone. Still stuck on the animation page. Tried the usual of another cable, updated drivers but still no joy.

I'll have another look when I can đź‘Ť
If this refers to use of the Assistant 2, are you using the Assistant 2 from the link I provided in post 22?
I would suggest that you should check that what you see when you follow that link explicitly lists the Mavic Pro amongst the compatible models.
Can you confirm that you are connecting the drone to the computer?

Last edited:
Still no luck trying to get the assistant to worked. Tried two computers running different OS systems, n cables.

Any other way to do it guys?

Describe exactly what typically happens when you open Assistant and plug in the drone.

Nothing mate. Just stays on the animated screen even if I'm logged in, drone on or off

I can post an image later if that helps

Nothing mate. Just stays on the animated screen even if I'm logged in, drone on or off

I can post an image later if that helps
I'd forget about it for now if your drone is working properly.
I'd just write it off to confusion or a one-off glitch.

I'd forget about it for now if your drone is working properly.
I'd just write it off to confusion or a one-off glitch.
Yeah that's what I hope it was. Like I said, up to that point, I've had no issues. Cant upload a video so screen shot of what I`m seeing.

Computer doesn't seem to find the drone at all. Nothing in the device manager or the normal USB icon in the task bar

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It probably won't get you to the logs on the drone but I had a weird idea and tried it with an M2P, if you have the cables, connect the drone to your phone. Two USB drives appeared on my phone (Android), I guess they are the drone's internal storage space for photos etc. and the mSD card in the drone.
If you can do that and see some USB drives appear at least you know the drone's USB-C port is working.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne