DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bitterly disappointed with my Mavic Pro. The thing is a dud and the supplier here in Cape Town South Africa appears to be completely disinterested. T

Although "slightly off topic" to Michael's concerns, I keep a small packet of silica crystals in the Mavic bag, for the very reasons being discussed in this thread. Moving from a warm house (maybe air conditioned - though of itself, air conditioning should be helping maintain low moisture levels to items inside the "conditioned" building) to a car - also maybe air conditioned -then out into the open air, where temperature and humidity cannot be controlled, will potentially set up a situation for vapour to condense onto a colder surface such as a camera lens.
Don't know how effective the consumer laws of South Africa are. But, if there is a dealer - DJI approved or otherwise - who won't reasonably engage with anyone, anywhere, where a genuine issue needs to be resolved, then I'm sure DJI itself would want to hear about it. After all it is their product, therefore their reputation, which is getting a pummelling here.

Unless you are keeping your drone and the crystals in a sealed moisture proof container those crystals will be saturated and doing nothing. Silica gel crystals can only absorb so much moisture before they need drying and reactivating.

Unless you are keeping your drone and the crystals in a sealed moisture proof container those crystals will be saturated and doing nothing. Silica gel crystals can only absorb so much moisture before they need drying and reactivating.
Good tip, thanks. One which I had not given any thought to. While condensation has not been an issue for me, so far, I would be more than happy to see the crystals in need of drying; at least I would be aware they were likely doing their job. Thumbswayup :)

Even in a sealed glass desiccator, that is only opened a couple of times a day to add samples that were already dry, we’d change the silica gel once a week. If you use the self indicating silica gel you can tell when it is saturated and then dry it out in an oven at 105degrees centigrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones