DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Fly

Check out this new drone reported to be available to the general public in 2019. Can't wait to see thee flying around the neighborhood.
Cool.

There's always more room for rules and regulations.

I laugh at the couple walking along the ridge line when the drone appears before them. They smile like it's the good fairy rising.

Reactions: Brojon and TR Ganey
Check out this new drone reported to be available to the general public in 2019. Can't wait to see thee flying around the neighborhood.
This looks so fake starting at 45 sec. They almost had me fooled up 'til then.

A huge amount of money and resources are being thrown at the challenge of making batteries last longer - look at far we've come in the last decade. Give it 3 or 4 years and that 25-mile range will be quadrupled.
The tech already exists. I worked on a project almost 20 years ago that had a battery pack the size of deck of cards that could start an automobile 20 times before needing a charge and it recharged to full capacity in 15 minutes. We had insurmountable problems with making assembly machines because the layers had to be absolutely precise.
I often wonder what happened to the patents on that battery - it was a great combo that used cell geometry and chemistry to work.
So - point I was getting at is sometimes it's just difficult to manufacture stuff at a scale that facilitates economy and cost.

Reactions: ssvdh66

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure