DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Friday Purchase Question

WestyinWC

Reactions
I"m going to be pulling the trigger on Black Friday / Cyber Monday on a 2 Pro. Customer Service is not very straight with my question so I'm asking you guys. I want to purchase the drone, and the Refresh. It makes sense to me to get the DJI Select membership as it looks like I can save 50% of the refresh price being part of that program. First question, am I correct on that? If so what is the order I need to purchase everything? Can I buy the drone from a 3rd party and then go to DJI, buy the Select Membership and then the Refresh? Just looking for the order to get all of this so I can get the best deal. I'm planning on picking up the FlyMore combo as well. Looks like the refresh costs $139.00. Assuming if I get the Select Membership first that cuts that number in half?

Thanks for your help!

Dont buy the Refresh if your local Statefarm can issue you a personal Articles Policy that covers the Mavic 2. DJI requires that you be able to send them the drone for a "refresh" to occur. This will not cover such issues as theft or dumping your Mavic 2 into a body of water or over a hillside where you cannot retrieve it. Statefarm will cover these incidents and other unforeseeable events.

I pay $ 5.00 a month for full coverage of my Mavic in Nevada. California Statefarm offices will not offer the coverage. One does not have to have any existing policies with Statefarm for this type of policy to be issued.

You can purchase refresh as long as the dji product is not activated yet... or within 48hrs of activation. I bought a used Mavic Air that wasn’t activated and was able to purchase refresh..

Ok - I think I got it. I just spoke to a local SF rep who confirmed I can get coverage. Is there really any good reason to buy both coverage's?

Next Question - Where is the best deal on them going to be?

No reason to buy both coverage. Statefarm will at least provide one full replacement and cover everything from water damage, and theft to slamming into the side of a building. To utilize the DJI Refresh one has to pay per refresh as well. So its a no-brainer to go with the Statefarm Personal Articles Policy.

For those of you who plan to purchase a State Farm Personal Articles policy, please do your homework first. I had read about the State Farm/Drone claim issues after I got mine, so I spoke with our agent and confirmed that a claim against a "PAP", no matter the value "could" affect future insurance costs, no matter where you go for coverage or the type of coverage.

I had a SF PAP valued at $3000 on my drones but did not renew after the first year. I figured the cost of a new drone wasn't worth the possible increase in insurance rates.

There are many mixed reviews on this topic so please research before you purchase the policy. I'd strongly advise speaking with the SF agent about the consequences of filing a claim. If they are honest, they will tell you.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying you need to be aware of the risks involved if you file a claim. If you are already a SF client, the outcome of filing a claim may differ.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=DR...2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71._ToD1OiYOFA

Reactions: WestyinWC
I"m going to be pulling the trigger on Black Friday / Cyber Monday on a 2 Pro. Customer Service is not very straight with my question so I'm asking you guys. I want to purchase the drone, and the Refresh. It makes sense to me to get the DJI Select membership as it looks like I can save 50% of the refresh price being part of that program. First question, am I correct on that? If so what is the order I need to purchase everything? Can I buy the drone from a 3rd party and then go to DJI, buy the Select Membership and then the Refresh? Just looking for the order to get all of this so I can get the best deal. I'm planning on picking up the FlyMore combo as well. Looks like the refresh costs $139.00. Assuming if I get the Select Membership first that cuts that number in half?

Thanks for your help!
Make sure you make sure that the purchase for the refresh is on the same invoice as the drone or you will miss the 50% off Select discount. I learned the hard way and missed the discount even after I was on with the help staff at DJI. I wasn't happy but they told me there was no recourse. They told me to cancel the order and then reorder which I tried but that didn't go through.

Hope you avoid the issue.
TPorett

Reactions: Inspirephil
I
Dont buy the Refresh if your local Statefarm can issue you a personal Articles Policy that covers the Mavic 2. DJI requires that you be able to send them the drone for a "refresh" to occur. This will not cover such issues as theft or dumping your Mavic 2 into a body of water or over a hillside where you cannot retrieve it. Statefarm will cover these incidents and other unforeseeable events.

I pay $ 5.00 a month for full coverage of my Mavic in Nevada. California Statefarm offices will not offer the coverage. One does not have to have any existing policies with Statefarm for this type of policy to be issued.
I pay $85 here in Oregon for full coverage with State Farm for both my Inspire 2 and my Mavic Pro 2. I also have DJI Refresh Care for repairs just in case I need to use it. For the amount I have invested it’s a small price to pay for some peace of mind.

Reactions: WestyinWC
Make sure you make sure that the purchase for the refresh is on the same invoice as the drone or you will miss the 50% off Select discount. I learned the hard way and missed the discount even after I was on with the help staff at DJI. I wasn't happy but they told me there was no recourse. They told me to cancel the order and then reorder which I tried but that didn't go through.

Hope you avoid the issue.
TPorett
Is this possible if I'm buying from Amazon or anyone besides DJI? Did you buy the select membership first?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne