DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Blackwater Falls, West Virginia

Great video.

Was it hard to get permission to fly in the park?
For the Blackwater Falls State Park you simply walk up to the Lodge's check-in counter and state that you would like to fly your drone in the park and ask for the "Blackwater Falls State Park Unmanned Aircraft" form that requires your signature. The important point is to not disturb other visitors and wildlife. My flight was done early in the morning with another person being my spotter. The superintendent has the power to prohibit the use of drones in specific areas in order to protect other spectators and the peaceful and quiet atmosphere and to prevent the harassment of wildlife..

For the Blackwater Falls State Park you simply walk up to the Lodge's check-in counter and state that you would like to fly your drone in the park and ask for the "Blackwater Falls State Park Unmanned Aircraft" form that requires your signature. The important point is to not disturb other visitors and wildlife. My flight was done early in the morning with another person being my spotter. The superintendent has the power to prohibit the use of drones in specific areas in order to protect other spectators and the peaceful and quiet atmosphere and to prevent the harassment of wildlife..
Wow, very nice!
Wonderful to see a state that allows drone use when properly (peacefully?) flown.
Thank you for your reply.

Great shots Rob. It looked like you had a tough job filming upstream, with the lighting differences between the bright sunlight and heavy shadows

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid