DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue zone

mfuller5117

Reactions
I’m looking at buying an MA2 . One map shows we are just outside the blue zone another shows were just inside the blue zone . Were outside of the glide path . My question with the geofencing will I have to go threw the unlock process every time I want to go out in my yard and practice flying . And is there a limit on how many times you can Request the license key . I’m ok with the laws and have read and read and read . I just don’t want to buy a paper weight . We do a lot of weekend Trips and don’t want to get somewhere and then discover we can’t fly also and I’ve read about looking on the maps before you travel to some destination to check for NFZ kind of hard todo when you travel on impulse. Do they make it so complicated so you can’t fly .

The one picture shows DJI geo zone and the other is the B4UFLY map so a little confused. I should have put these in the original post . Will I have to get authorization or do the unlocking from DJI .

Attachments

• 01E3A64F-98AC-4B88-98AA-06C4737FF6C3.png
    01E3A64F-98AC-4B88-98AA-06C4737FF6C3.png
    603 KB · Views: 24
  • AEE04284-E049-4513-922C-F6A390A2BA1E.jpeg
    AEE04284-E049-4513-922C-F6A390A2BA1E.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 24
I’m looking at buying an MA2 . One map shows we are just outside the blue zone another shows were just inside the blue zone . Were outside of the glide path . My question with the geofencing will I have to go threw the unlock process every time I want to go out in my yard and practice flying . And is there a limit on how many times you can Request the license key . I’m ok with the laws and have read and read and read . I just don’t want to buy a paper weight . We do a lot of weekend Trips and don’t want to get somewhere and then discover we can’t fly also and I’ve read about looking on the maps before you travel to some destination to check for NFZ kind of hard todo when you travel on impulse. Do they make it so complicated so you can’t fly .
Im sort of having the same issue. I'm right on the edge of a blue restricted zone to a airport that doesn't really exist anymore. I really do not want to have to get authorization every time I fly. So does anyone know if this is possible. Have been working the google to no unveil. Closest thing I might have read if you do a custom its good for 3 days. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: mfuller5117
Im sort of having the same issue. I'm right on the edge of a blue restricted zone to a airport that doesn't really exist anymore. I really do not want to have to get authorization every time I fly. So does anyone know if this is possible. Have been working the google to no unveil. Closest thing I might have read if you do a custom its good for 3 days. Any help would be appreciated.
I've never seen an authorization zone next to an airport that doesn't exist. Can you share the location so we can take a look?

Ge
The one picture shows DJI geo zone and the other is the B4UFLY map so a little confused. I should have put these in the original post . Will I have to get authorization or do the unlocking from DJI .
Get LAANC approval through FAA if the drone won’t take off. I have one, good for 2years, for my practice area which is inside 2 airport restricted zones. Process took about a week, but FAA personnel were very helpful. I started on the FAA DroneZone.

Reactions: crash1414
Ge

Get LAANC approval through FAA if the drone won’t take off. I have one, good for 2years, for my practice area which is inside 2 airport restricted zones. Process took about a week, but FAA personnel were very helpful. I started on the FAA DroneZone.
thank you for the info. i'll give it a shot.

Ge

That wouldn't be LAANC. LAANC is the automated approval process for individual flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54